Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, R33Gtst
    same here, bought Jan this year, done around 5k on the clock, mainly city driving tho

from Bankstown to Pyrmont

averaging 10L/100k

around 620 km per tank

CU2 Lux 09 MY 10

how do u do that??? doing 900k per tank ?? i know its prob highway kms but still?!!?!?!
    Last edited by Soulful; 25-08-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I can do 900km per tank each & every time. no problems at all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Doing 9.9 - 10.4 L/100km on BP Ultimate. Fill up, divide by trip computer kms method. Sydney suburbs 50 and 80 zones about half half split. Yet to extend the tank to its fullest (ie fill up @ 450kms cos its cheap fuel day) , but 600km+/tank easy I'd say.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I'm doing ~750kms here in Darwin with crap BP98 (not the freshest up here...), the missus can easily get over 800kms.
    It's all about how you drive. I stick to driving with the cruise control on, the missus doesn't. I also accelerate a lot faster than she does.
    Try driving like a grandma for a week and see how you go. Start - stop driving is the killer on fuel economy.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    I'm doing ~750kms here in Darwin with crap BP98 (not the freshest up here...), the missus can easily get over 800kms.
    It's all about how you drive. I stick to driving with the cruise control on, the missus doesn't. I also accelerate a lot faster than she does.
    Try driving like a grandma for a week and see how you go. Start - stop driving is the killer on fuel economy.
    Matt, I often wonder how much difference the taller gearing of the auto makes when most of your driving is in top gear

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Me too, but mine seems to sit on 2 bars past 5 when cruising at 110 - 120. Aircon off, and it goes down a bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    congrats on buying a CU2 bro but u shudnt be running it on anything less that 98 ron ( v-power, vortex 98, bp ultimate)
    I only used 98 on my previous Jetta,as that was what VW reccomended.

I now use 98,as that is what Honda reccomends.
    I have used 98 a few times,and there was no diffirence at all.

Am using over 10 litres per 100 kilometers........

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I only used 98 on my previous Jetta,as that was what VW reccomended.

I now use 98,as that is what Honda reccomends.
    I have used 98 a few times,and there was no diffirence at all.

Am using over 10 litres per 100 kilometers........
    Firstly,Honda recommends 95RON for the Euro, not 98. I have tried 2 tanks of 98 & found no difference at all. Where people misinterpret the claimed economy is by thinking they should be able to achieve the combined average of 8.9L/100 as advertised by Honda, but if you search the specifications on their web site you will find the following. For city driving they claim 12.1 for the manual & 12.3 for the auto, for highway they claim 7.1 for the manual & 6.9 for the auto. I cant comment on the accuracy for the city cycle, but their claim for highway driving is easily achievable. On a trip to Sydney several months ago I averaged 6.23L/100 over 3000kms & that included some driving through Sydney & the suburbs of Newcastle. So their claim for highway driving is over conservative.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    yeah, 7.1 for the manual, easily done. Even for me LOL!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Firstly,Honda recommends 95RON for the Euro, not 98. I have tried 2 tanks of 98 & found no difference at all. Where people misinterpret the claimed economy is by thinking they should be able to achieve the combined average of 8.9L/100 as advertised by Honda, but if you search the specifications on their web site you will find the following. For city driving they claim 12.1 for the manual & 12.3 for the auto, for highway they claim 7.1 for the manual & 6.9 for the auto. I cant comment on the accuracy for the city cycle, but their claim for highway driving is easily achievable. On a trip to Sydney several months ago I averaged 6.23L/100 over 3000kms & that included some driving through Sydney & the suburbs of Newcastle. So their claim for highway driving is over conservative.
    . i always thought that 98 fuel was cleaner? what do u think buddah?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Fuel is only as clean as the tank it comes from, I have never seen any evidence of 1 fuel being cleaner than another other than hearsay. My recommendation to anyone is to use the specified RON of your particular vehicle. I recently did a trip to Sydney, Approx 1500km each way, going down I used vortex 95 & on the return trip used V Power, so I regard that as a fair comparison. I noticed zero difference in performance or economy.

Go back a couple of years when I had an FD1 Auto I experimented with 91,95 & 98 RON fuels and came to the same conclusion on that Vehicle.

My only advice to people is to steer clear of Ethanol Fuel. As a general rule of thumb if you use Ethanol fuel you will drop around 10% of power (barely noticeable under normal driving conditions) & increase your fuel consumption by around the same margin. Add to that, Ethanol attracts moisture & reduces the life of rubber seals.

Why pay more for fuel than you need to?