Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

YES another Oil question!!!

Hi,

Just putting it out there has has anybody tried the following oils.
    liqui moly super leichtlauf 10w-40, liqui moly top tec 4500 5w-40 & TITAN SUPER GTO 10W30??

Thanks,

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    What does your owners manual say?
    How many kms?
    What oil change interbal?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    What does your owners manual say?
    How many kms?
    What oil change interval?
    Motors has 90k on it. I just tried the Penrite Racing Tenths in it and I've had to top it up already because it was really low. I'm going to be dropping the oil every 5K now but I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on oil when I’ll be changing oil every 5K. It’s not the weight I'm asking about though. The oils which I've mentioned have been recommended by Liqui Moly & FUCHS site. Just after people’s experience in using these oils. Not sure about the penrite stuff any more.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    is it leaking oil?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    is it leaking oil?
    No visible leaks.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Motors has 90k on it. I just tried the Penrite Racing Tenths in it and I've had to top it up already because it was really low. I'm going to be dropping the oil every 5K now but I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on oil when I’ll be changing oil every 5K. It’s not the weight I'm asking about though. The oils which I've mentioned have been recommended by Liqui Moly & FUCHS site. Just after people’s experience in using these oils. Not sure about the penrite stuff any more.
    The K24 series of the cu2 generation are notorious for consuming oil
    I'd keep an eye on oil levels
    Honda Aus says that 1litre of consumed oil per 1000kms is totally acceptable
    I'd give Honda Aus a call - and monitor your oil
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Are there any other oils that you have used that did not drastically drop in oil level?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Are there any other oils that you have used that did not drastically drop in oil level?
    Haven't had the car long enough to test, this is the second service since I've owned it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Would it just be better to run feo ultra 10w30 and drop oil between services?

I used Penrite HPR in mine once and I had to top it off once too. I think my dealer used FEO and it's been fine thus far.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    FEO ultra is 5w30. not 10w30
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I run Amsoil 0w-20 signature series. Uses about 500ml in 20,000km. I do alot of kms per year that's the reason I go with Amsoil as they are specifically designed for extended oil changes.

Severe duty its 15,000 miles (24,000km) or once per year or normal duty is 25,000 miles (40,000km) or once per year. I also use the Amsoil filters as they can filter to 20 micron at 98% efficiency or 5 micron at 50% efficiency.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...?code=ASMQT-EA
    Last edited by BigBen; 07-06-2014 at 11:04 PM.