Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250

Question DC2R Front & Rear Sway Bar Install

Hi All,

Currently in the process of installing DC2R front and rear swaybars into my EG5.

Exactly which parts on both bars require grease? I know the big D bushes need them...but what about the endlinks? The bolt that goes to through the bar and the bolt that goes through the LCA....do i need to grease the bolts that sit within the metal tubing?

I'm also installing a Function 7 subframe brace. Should I strip the paint back to check for any subframe damage/cracks from the previous swaybar? Or is general cleaning around the contact areas more than enough?

Is it absolutely necessary to torque the bolts? As I don't have a torque wrench.
    Last edited by Chris S15; 30-08-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    Hi All,

Currently in the process of installing DC2R front and rear swaybars into my EG5.

Exactly which parts on both bars require grease? I know the big D bushes need them...but what about the endlinks? The bolt that goes to through the bar and the bolt that goes through the LCA....do i need to grease the bolts that sit within the metal tubing?
    I dont think you need to grease OEM bushes, they have built in grease in the black rubber. you dont grease the endlinks.

I'm also installing a Function 7 subframe brace. Should I strip the paint back to check for any subframe damage/cracks from the previous swaybar? Or is general cleaning around the contact areas more than enough?
    what was the thickness of previous rsb? did it use subframe brace before?

Is it absolutely necessary to torque the bolts? As I don't have a torque wrench.
    yeah it's necessary. it's a good investment, go buy a good one. but if youre really cheap, hand tight is good using wrist-to-elbow length breaker bar.
    this link/pdf can help you quite a bit.
    http://www.passwordjdm.com/Install_N...race_DC_EG.pdf

btw, make sure you tighten all bolts when car on the ground. makes your bush live longer.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre