Question Civic D16Y4 engine rebuild+strengthening

I figured I should post in the n00b area to save the mods some trouble. I know this question has been asked a lot (I've been searching for the past 3 days). But I'm hopefully buying a 99 civic ek hatch next weekend, the only thing is that it already has an AVO turbo kit on it. Now from my research I have learnt that the D16Y4's biggest weakness is the oil pump, and the rods . But I will be wanting to up the boost a bit (10-12psi probably), so I know this means new rods and pistons. However I can't find a definitive answer to my questions.

So basically I'm looking for answers to the following:
    A. What is the best way to fix the oil pump issue in the D16Y4?
    B. Is there a particular place in Victoria that people recommend which does great work on Hondas, and could handle doing a full engine rebuild and find parts for me?
    C. If you have done this sort of thing before, how much am I looking at to get the block stripped, possibly re-bored, and then all the new parts put in (I am thinking about 5-6k including parts)?

In relation to A, I have searched and found high volume pumps in the U.S, and swapping to I think it was the D16Z6 oil pump, but no one really says what should be done to fix it. I have done research so please don't flame or say "how long is a piece of string" as a response. I'm new to Honda's and need some help! Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    I dont think there is a major problem with the oil pump. If its known to let go on modded cars, change it everytime you do a timing belt service.

And a must for D series engines is re inforcing the sleeves. Either re sleeve or get a block guard.
    The rods really are pretty solid for low boost <10psi. All comes down to the tune. Pushing it too far without the mods reinforcing the power is useless. First thing to do and get right is fuel and ignition. Without that theres no point putting forgies. Forged internals only strengthen the internals. The component itself does not make any more power. Only lets you run more boost.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    I dont think there is a major problem with the oil pump. If its known to let go on modded cars, change it everytime you do a timing belt service.

And a must for D series engines is re inforcing the sleeves. Either re sleeve or get a block guard.
    The rods really are pretty solid for low boost <10psi. All comes down to the tune. Pushing it too far without the mods reinforcing the power is useless. First thing to do and get right is fuel and ignition. Without that theres no point putting forgies. Forged internals only strengthen the internals. The component itself does not make any more power. Only lets you run more boost.
    Yeah but I have seen a lot of people mentioning that block guards are pointless? How much (general ball park figure, assuming the engine is already out) am I looking at for re-enforcing the sleeves? I'm sure the tune will be good because its from a reputable and well respected company/workshop. Thanks for your help, its running 7psi now so it should be fine until I can organize all the parts and stuff for the proper build I guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Go invest in a set of DART sleeves. Thatll make youre block be able to handle 30-40psi of boost.
    About a grand a set. Need a machine shop to RnR. Worth the money if youre gonna run more boost down the track.

And i know someones gonna link me a video on youtube with the yanks pulling 600whp with claimed stock sleeves balh blah blah. Its better to be safe than sorry. More boost=More power. Which = More smiles. =]