Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by czzz View Post
    Hey where can I get it replace from Melbourne? Mines too damaged and showing the metal bit, looks real ugly .. reckon I can peel off the rubber/plastic so it just shows the metal or that will look bad still?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    hey man take your trims off give them a sand down and then go autobarn and buy a can of "forever black" and see how you go from there if thats too much effort just go down to your wrecker and pick some up
    Mr.PT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.PT View Post
    hey man take your trims off give them a sand down and then go autobarn and buy a can of "forever black" and see how you go from there if thats too much effort just go down to your wrecker and pick some up
    Sorry to be noob, but how do I remove it without breaking things?

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    ^ Don't attempt it if you don't feel comfortable.

Just mask around it with masking tape/painters tape ( 2-3 layers if your scared ). Sand it down, clean it with wax and grease remover then give it a few nice even "thin" coats of quality exterior paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    will forever black stick to the chipped chroming bits that are showing in the above pics ?

Just thinking for the future as i wash my car at the car wash (high pressure hose etc) and my car is white so really wouldnt want it dripping / chipping off again everywhere.
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_EG93 View Post
    will forever black stick to the chipped chroming bits that are showing in the above pics ?

Just thinking for the future as i wash my car at the car wash (high pressure hose etc) and my car is white so really wouldnt want it dripping / chipping off again everywhere.

sand it off till smooth first adn then mask it off as mnc has said and give it a few nice light even coats
    should stay on if done right
    Mr.PT

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_EG93 View Post

This is why people have said you must sand it so there aren't any "chips" in your which can also be called flakes if you want. These flakes or chips can cause the new paint you spray to "peel or crack" very quickly.

Sand your item down, apply 1-2 coats of primer, this allows your new paint to adhere much better than just sanding and spraying over but it's completely optional just making sure before you spray ANYTHING that everything is nice and smooth, no rough spots.

Hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    This is why people have said you must sand it so there aren't any "chips" in your which can also be called flakes if you want. These flakes or chips can cause the new paint you spray to "peel or crack" very quickly.

Sand your item down, apply 1-2 coats of primer, this allows your new paint to adhere much better than just sanding and spraying over but it's completely optional just making sure before you spray ANYTHING that everything is nice and smooth, no rough spots.

Hope that helps
    thanks man some people just dont read lol
    Mr.PT