Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto

Goodbye Holden, hello Honda!

G'day all,

Following a rather eventful fortnight that literally started with a bang:

There goes the cam belt, didn't even make 60,000kms on it.

...and with the failure of a timing pulley and subsequent replacement of the #3 and #4 valve intakes, I've waved goodbye to the Astra and (yes, after a confirmation with the CFO aka wife) I'm saying hello to a new Accord Euro. Impulse? Maybe.

Anyway, it's the first time I'm owning a Honda and checking out the community out there. Would love to get some advice what I ought to do with my car. I'm thinking of replacing the halogens first and foremost...

Peace out!
    smz.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    You have made a big upgrade...
    I went from a 2000 Holden Astra Olympic edition sedan to a MY07 Volkswagen Jetta to a MY11 Honda Accord Euro.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Welcome mate!
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    G'day mate and welcome aboard!

I started out with lights first too, then onto other basics/essentials.
    eg. Tinted windows, rear parking sensors if you don't have them already.

Then onto bigger wheels, lowered suspension, K&N air filter, speakers etc.
    You'll have lots of fun. Honda's are wonderful cars.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto

Thumbs up

@antony, my mother-in-law drives a Jetta and while her family is her, she spends much of any given year abroad as her husband works overseas. Translation: I get to drive that quite a bit! My wife drives a Golf (and is hoping to upgrade to GTI in a couple years). Partly the reason why I'm going

@DLO01, appreciate the welcome! I've heard ozhonda are a great bunch of mates! Are you located in Melbourne? I'm in Mitcham.

@minircc, thanks for the inspiration yes - have the tints and love the fact the car comes with rear sensors and a full spare (wonder why the luxury model only comes with a temp ). Looks like I'll need to get in touch with you for the aftermarket upgrades...

Cheers all!
    smz
    Last edited by smz; 07-09-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Worked out what the "MY" in "MY2011" means

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Smz. I'm live in Brizzy. I've never had the pleasure of actually 'meeting' the guys and gals in the southern states, but I can tell you the Brizzy guys & gals are great. Great bunch of people!
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by smz View Post
    @antony, my mother-in-law drives a Jetta and while her family is her, she spends much of any given year abroad as her husband works overseas. Translation: I get to drive that quite a bit! My wife drives a Golf (and is hoping to upgrade to GTI in a couple years). Partly the reason why I'm going

@DLO01, appreciate the welcome! I've heard ozhonda are a great bunch of mates! Are you located in Melbourne? I'm in Mitcham.

@minircc, thanks for the inspiration yes - have the tints and love the fact the car comes with rear sensors and a full spare (wonder why the luxury model only comes with a temp ). Looks like I'll need to get in touch with you for the aftermarket upgrades...

Cheers all!
    smz
    I LOVED my Jetta,and would not have changed it,but it was recently written off from the hail storm that hit us in March.

Almost bought another,but then heard the shape is changing next year,so did not want to buy the old shape again,and could not wait for the new one...

I then looked at all the mid sized sedans on the market,and was the most impressed by the Euro.

I now have 2 favorite brands,VW and Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    nuggetR
    welcome mate im sure youll love the ozhonda community.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Auto
    @Deano/DLO01: hope to catch up with you if I happen to head up north!
    @Antony: sorry to hear about the hail incident - but having said that can I deduce you're my neighbour then? Glad we've got the same interest! You won't catch me driving my wife's Golf much ...well, we blokes have our reasons
    @Moey.C: thanks mate!
    Peace out,
    smz

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by smz View Post
    @Deano/DLO01: hope to catch up with you if I happen to head up north!
    @Antony: sorry to hear about the hail incident - but having said that can I deduce you're my neighbour then? Glad we've got the same interest! You won't catch me driving my wife's Golf much ...well, we blokes have our reasons
    @Moey.C: thanks mate!
    SMZ...we are neighbours indeed...