KA7/8 Legend aftermarket alloy wheels (Size, fit and have you done it)

Guys,

I'm looking for some aftermarket alloys for my 92 KA7 Legend and have a few questions.

I have done a thorough search here and acuralegend.com, and cant find the answers I'm looking for.

I'm planning to fit 17" x 7", +40 offset Advanti alloys, with Toyo TEO plus 225/45R17 91W tyres.

Q1. Has anyone fitted this wheel size / tyre size / offset combo? If so, did you get any rubbing or bad handling from having the +40 offset?

(some of the US guys seem to have fitted +35 in an 18" x 8" with tyres up to 245, and claim they didnt have to do mods - but some say rubbing at the rear occurs with a full / heavy load)

Q2. What is the correct offset for a KA7/8? All the info I can find says a range from +42 to +50, which isnt particularly helpful, but does seem to indicate a wide range is acceptable. (if its marked on a wheel I cant seem to see it)

Q3. Any thoughts?

If the OEM offset is +42 and I do a +40, I cant see 2mm making a noticable difference (there is more than this range just with fitting different brands of tyre).

However if OEM offset is actually +50, 10mm might cause a noticable handling impact - but I'm not really sure.

The retailer is happy to fit them up for me to check for any body interferance, but that wont help me if it screws with the handling when I drive out the door.

Any wheel and tyre gurus out there - your advice would be appreciated.

Anyone with ANY experience fitting ANY aftermarket wheels would also be welcomed.

Thanks

BUGGER.....just found the offset written on the wheel (rigt infront of my face just where I expected to find it)....and its +65.

So that really stuffs up my plans and limits choices.

What suspension are you planning on running?

A +40 offset wheel in a 8 or 9 inch width wont scrub unles you are running huge tires.

I run 18x9 + 37 on the rear of mine with only a slight guard roll, ans slightly stretched tires, The only place it scrubs is on the inner rear fenders, but that is when I have a load, Plus my suspension isnt exactly your Ideal set up.

Im guessing you wont be lowering it though, and if you did, it wouldn't be as low as mine.. Here is a link to my rimtuck page with all the wheel details and pictures:

http://www.rimtuck.com/setup.php?id=1080

So answers to your questions:

Q1: Dont know if anyone has run it, But you wont get rubbing/bad handling if you are running stock suspension and are only driving the car the way it was intended to.

Q2: There were more then one type of alloy wheel from factory on honda legends, but mors generally are +65 to +50

Q3: Thoughts... Well IMO 225 is too wide for a 7 inch wide wheel, I would run a 215 max. I run 215's on my 8 inch wheels and the tires sit flush, On a 7 inch wheel they would sit what normal people see as normal. If you are worried about things like handling, I would suggest you sell the car and purchase something a bit more, lets say agressive. Honda Legends are built to cruise, not to perform. Also be weary, KA7/8 legends are notorious for head gaskets, the gaskets go in cylinders 3 and 6 (closest to the firewall) And are costly to say the least. But If you have done research on acura legend dot com then Im sure you would already know.

Hope this helps.
    Problem?

FFamily

Thanks for that.

I'm sticking to stock suspension, as its the cruiser that I want. I just dont want adverse handling issues. (one reason I want to stick to 17" - 18" with super low profile tyres will stuff the ride even more)

I dont want to roll the guards.

Its the fronts that might have clearance issues - a +40 (with a 215 tyre) will protrude about 30mm further out, and protruding past the guards is a NoNo (especially in WA). The measurements I have taken will make it bloody close, so I might just have to go and get one fitted up.

I have heard they have head gasket probs, but it doesnt seem to at the moment. If it does blow, I'll fix it. I love the car so to me its worth fixing.

I'll post info and pisc when its done.

Thanks

Hi Jack, sorry to revive an old thread!

Did you have any luck finding wheels? I'm in the same boat, struggling to find aftermarket wheels full stop!