Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

good price for a b18c2 conversion?

i just got a quote of $5500 for a b18c2, with a b16 head (apparently better for compression), itr lsd gearbox, itr intake manifold and flat top valves (to get the car ready for bigger cams in the future). lightened flywheel and exedy heavy duty clutch.

he told me this is a good way to get good performance out of a b18c2.. what do you guys think?

the price includes labour + 12 months warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Not sure about the B16 head being better for compression, but AFAIK the b18c2 head has quite good flow in the high range and is best left on.

Assuming it's all in good condition, that's not too bad, especially with the ITR LSD box
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

I would spend on a b18cr setup and save up the extra for labour

nothing beats the reliability of an unopened, well maintained honda motor.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    i just got a quote of $5500 for a b18c2, with a b16 head (apparently better for compression), itr lsd gearbox, itr intake manifold and flat top valves (to get the car ready for bigger cams in the future). lightened flywheel and exedy heavy duty clutch.

he told me this is a good way to get good performance out of a b18c2.. what do you guys think?

the price includes labour + 12 months warranty.

Not a great deal IMO. Not bad, but not great (which you'd expect I suppose).

An ITR engine should set you back around $6000, and in it's OEM form would include the ITR TB/IM, LSD box, and since you're buying them used in plently of cases they'll come with a HD clutch and possibly a lightened fly.

Do what bludger suggested and get an unopened ITR B18. The B16A head apparently flows better than a B18 head, hence they're preferred use on a B20VTEC build, but the ITR B18C is a sensational motor and would be a better option IMO.

The extra money is worth it, especially if you're considering spending $5500 already.

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    i'll send you a complete b18c7/cr conversion to melb for 4700.

with warranty and receipt. everything u ned for a conversion. got one lying around in the warehouse

sammuel
    0427 148 936

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    i'll send you a complete b18c7/cr conversion to melb for 4700.

with warranty and receipt. everything u ned for a conversion. got one lying around in the warehouse

sammuel
    0427 148 936

That's an effing bargain...