Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    you should seriously consider becoming a salesperson mate! haha i'll check if the pro s coils are also damper adjustable because i guess that would be a major benifit to me if i want a comfy ride, i could just make them less stiff. i get what you mean too mna, i suppose buying a combination of brands won't be as reliable as getting the same brand in one unit. i'll see how much i can get the pro s coils for and decide from there. thanks a lot for your help mate, much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    doesn't look like they are damper adjustable but that's ok. do you know if these are legal in Aus? i'm doing my best to stay as legal as possible lol don't really want to get defected.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Nah they're not damper bro. Skunk2 offers the Pro C coilovers with damper adjustable settings.

To be honest I don't think you'd get a RWC with either, they'll be too stiff IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    do you happen to know if king springs will fit on the skunk2 sport shocks? or any other springs? and whether they'll be legal/RWC or not? sorry about all my questions but i just want to be sure about what i get and whether it's the right thing for me your replys are very helpfull btw
    Last edited by Oz_Striker; 20-09-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If you get some coilovers you know you're getting good quality items.
    You serious? Alot of the cheaper coilovers out there are rubbish and will start knocking/leaking with enough abuse. And if you blow one, you need to buy a whole new set. The advantage in coilover sleeves are you can choose a good quality shock like koni or agx with dampener control. If a shock happens to fail, take it out, take the sleeve off and replace that shock.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    and no, king springs wont fit, unless you get the coilover springs

Member Array
    Car:
    Lil' 4 cylinder
    Quote Originally Posted by embrace View Post
    and no, king springs wont fit, unless you get the coilover springs
    Wrong.

Kings spring will fit the Skunk2 Sports shock

These shocks are just OEM replacement shocks. I recommend getting Kmacs springs as they're made to order with custom spring rate and height. Or reputable brands such as Eibach and such

PS: if you can stretch your budget to around $1250-$1300 you can get yourself a BC coilovers. Best bang for bucks coilovers.
    Last edited by 1590cc; 20-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by embrace View Post
    You serious? Alot of the cheaper coilovers out there are rubbish and will start knocking/leaking with enough abuse. And if you blow one, you need to buy a whole new set. The advantage in coilover sleeves are you can choose a good quality shock like koni or agx with dampener control. If a shock happens to fail, take it out, take the sleeve off and replace that shock.

If you read the entire thread properly you'd see I'm advocating for the Skunk2 Pro S, which is not a cheap/sh!t coilover.

Plenty, if not most coilovers, are in fact rebuildable.

You need to consider the previous discussion so that you don't make poor assumptions on a single sentence just because I didn't draw you a picture to go with it so that you understand it properly.

And your claims re: king springs not fitting on the OP's desired Skunk2 OEM replacement shocks just further support my point that you haven't read this thread properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    settle down guys lol Dougie is right though mate, he wasn't trying to push some shit parts onto me lol just trying to find the best stuff for my budget. It's ok now anyway i've decided to get the skunk2 sports shocks with Eibach springs from JDM Yard. Thanks for all the help Dougie, made my decision much easier

btw went into Pedders yesterday just to see what they would suggest for me and he told me $1860 for pedders shocks, springs, fitting and allignment lol thank god for the forum traders

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pedders are considered by a lot of people on this forum to be quite poor quality. My mechanic agrees and I've used them myself and wasn't overly impressed either. That price is also a downright ripoff.

Sport shocks with Eibach springs, good combo mate, good quality parts. Show us pictures and tell us how they feel

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Yeah exactly what i thought, daylight robbery! haha

Will do mate, hopefully i can get them in by next week. Depends on how long it takes to get them from JDM Yard. Hope it's soon!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    y not ho bc or ksport coilovers there reasonably cheap
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance