Thread: dc5 springs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5

dc5 springs

i want to lower my dc5 on springs but i dont know what springs will give me nice fit. i want something that well sit at the the tyre or just below it.
    any one got any pictures of there car on springs?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    it will be quite hard if not impossible to get to that height without completely wrecking/chopping oem springs, that would cause alot of handling/comfort issues so wouldn't recommend doing that.

you could try some ultralow/superlow kingsprings they should give you a decent drop not sure how much of the drop that would be but if you do that make sure you get some decent aftermarket shocks and the kings would eventually eat the oem shocks

this should give you a good idea on what springs will give you what kind of drop:

Mugen Sports Suspension kit
    Front:
    Drop: -1.37 inches
    Spring Rate: 279 lbs/inch

Rear:
    Drop: -1.37 inches
    Spring Rate: 458 lbs/inch

Tein S.Tech
    Front:
    Drop: -1.69 inches
    Spring Rate: 307 lbs/inch

Rear:
    Drop: -1.38 inches
    Spring Rate: 492 lbs/inch

Eibach Pro-Kit
    Front:
    Drop: -1.0 inch
    Spring Rate: N/A

Rear:
    Drop: -1.4 inches

Spoon Sports Springs
    Front:
    Drop: -0.78 inches

Rear:
    Drop: -0.78 inches

Comptech Sport Springs
    Front:
    Drop: -1 inch

Rear:
    Drop: -1.4 inch

if you haven't already noticed those drops shown above will go nowhere near the tyre so if your deadset sure you want that height specifically then coilovers will probably be the way to go for you! goodluck mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    thanks for that mate, but would you know what kind of drop i would get from king springs?

cheers for drop sizes there muzu, also looking into maybe some mugen ss or tein s.tech what would you recommend out of the 2

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    i had a friend with kings on it didn't drop as low as you would think maybe around 1.4-1.5"?

thats a pic with kingsprings installed the height looks very similar to my car which has mugen ss on
    considering its "lowered kingsprings" i think thats the most you'll get using springs, decent drop but if you want more then you'll need coils

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    do you have a picture of the king srpings on a diffrent angel please

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...2%204294965322 that car has kingsprings on them so just check out his pics

em1rida - the mugens are the better option but are quite costly would only be better if you can source them out for a decent price otherwise s.techs are good alternative

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    thanks allot man, that was very helpfull
    im still very dissapointed that i cant get superlows or another type of springs that well give me my ride height, i guess ill be rolling around in my monster truck for while

thanks again mate

To be honest, i was thinking about springs too! instead i invested on 2nd hand coilovers and i didn't regret spending that much on them, the handling is just insane! i never thought it would improve handling that much, but i was fascinated how it would just turn.

my 2 cents