Thread: EG - KYB Shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    '00 EM1

EG - KYB Shocks

hey guys.. looking to get some shockies to replace the OEM shocks on an EG5VTi civic.. not dropping it and looking to keep it at stock height w/ the current stock springs... had a look around and KYB GR2 & KYB AGX seem to be within budget.

keen to hear if anyone's had any experience with the performance of these and whether you'd recommend em'...

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    What exacly are you after? Performance? Comfort? To be honest, you probably won't notice much performance increase in handling if all you're doing is changing the shocks and no other suspension component.

Member Array
    Car:
    '00 EM1
    mm yeh true... just really looking for OEM replace at this stage as stock shocks have seen their better days.. wouldn't mind the marginal improvement in performance at this stage and/or potential room to grow later on if I ever go for a full blown upgrade =)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I've used KYB shocks before and I think they're excellent!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    I've used KYB AGX shocks with standard springs, and they will make a sizable difference, especially if the factory ones are worn. In fact any new shock will.

The AGXs will also firm up the ride substantially, particularly at the rear - even on their softest setting. While the car will feel a lot tighter and more controlled, for daily driving they are a good option - so long as you don't mind a firmer ride. I'd only use the softest setting on the rear with Std springs - there is virtually no handling benefit going higher.

With these you have further scope in the future to upgrade springs, and these shocks will cope, with the option of using a higher rate as well.

Cheers, Rob.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    if your going to go down that line i have not used them but i have been in cars with them and they are great. try the states for kyb shocks and springs some sort of combo and ship it and install yourself

Member Array
    Car:
    '00 EM1
    hey - thx guys...very helpful and good to hear to positive feedback/experiences..yeah I'm lookin to get em' from the states, which is def a go-er with the current exchange rate!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    sorry to hijack thread, but what shocks are good for comfort ? Like uber comfort ? Even if the car sways around like a boat.. As long as it's super comfortable
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I found my KYB's with king springs comfortable. Good mix of comfort/performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I've used KYB shocks before and I think they're excellent!
    hey how much did you pay for your kyb shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i had them great performance for the price, i had the kyb AGX and still run the rear ones.
    They are perfect if you don't need to raise/lower your height
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION