Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir

honda integra dc2 vti-r vs type r

Hey am looking to buy an integra in the next few months and was just wondering what the difference is between the type r and vti-r models. shape, engine, interior, price, insurance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    do a search mate. there are many many differences in all of the above areas.

....my advice is to buy the type-R ...it is all round a MUCH better car than the VTi-R.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    remember it is all round a MUCH higher price too.

depends on what you want really. If you just want speed, the amount of money spent to buy the type r could be put into a vtir and have a real fast car.

Just really depends on your wants/needs

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    fabz - do/did you own a proton gti?? please ignore if you dont!!

i bought a 98 VTiR for $15k with full Type R body kit and 150k km

then i spent $3k on sussy and will be spending $8k on the engine, so i will be upto the price of a good stock Type R...

they are my thoughts... but i like building my own toys...

if you get a VTiR make sure it is 98+ with twin airbags and facelift front and rear ends.

they are just as nice as the Type R inside, but cheaper insurance-wise too
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    Be more specific what are your plans what do u want to able to achieve in it..

But personally if you can afford the r i would go for it no doubt about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Well it will be a 1st car lol so im leaning towards the vti-r so dont end up crashin it, and i will need to wait a WHILE longer before i can afford a type r. Is the body the exact same on these??

98+ Vti-R has same body shape if that's what you mean... but R chassis is stiffer.

a few bling items like rear spoiler, front lip etc is different. Vti-R is four lug - that's the major bits.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    If you don't have the money and it's ur first car, no doubt vtir is a better option. Quick quesiton u still on ur P plates? If so definately VTIR. Insurance is a bitch of a thing. Oh yeah how much are you thinking of spending?
    Last edited by Sp3rMz; 07-01-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    yeah man liek what spre3m said!! sorry if that was'nt the correct ozhodna username! yeah if ur on ya P's stick to VTiR if ur in voctoria cos apparently the ITR's can't be driven by P platers soon. i think list is already out so if u buy one now u can't drive it! and basically from what i know and heard the ITR is just a complete package! but VTiR is not a bad car i race type r's before my car is proibebly about 130 - 135 KW i have a VTiR by the way i am about same is first gear but it eats me in 2nd gear cos of gear ratios! but slap a ITR gearbox onto VTIR and ur laughing man, then heeaders full exhaust. i'm telling u VTEC with extractors is the best sound EVA beta than any turbo! or supercharger or even beta than a hot chick screaming, when ur ****ing her lol maybe not that.... but anyways back on the topic the itr beta suspension. beta brakes beta everything also only thing so far i like beta on VTiR is tghe power steering! thats my personal preference ur allowed to think otherwsie! but if i had money i'd get type r but if i didn't i'd get VTiR pick one up for $12000 if ur lucky don't worry aobut the KM's on it slap a B16a head straigh on and ur KW's will be the same as a ITR. i didn't want to tell anyone this but i had to let it come out! as u probebpy knwo me from posting the 14sec inetgra thread but a B16A is great even beta a civic type r head but i haven't looked into it. money is a big problem. but u can get B16A head and put cams and valve springs in cams do alot to a vtec engine! if u pick the right ones with right valve springs. full exhaust system 2 1/2 inche exhaust then ur laughing get a CAI and **** ur car will sound mean and still cost less than a type r and be quicker!!!! but u have to get ITR gearbox for LSD and closer gear ratios, best thing aobut that is it's even more of a sleeper than the ITR. and there u go boys with that info i gave u! u should get at least a 160 KW engine!!! AT LEAST. but most of u's would of probebly known that.!!!! and besdies with a VTIR full exhaust and a B!^ head and cams a cop wont know how much power ur running cos traight away cops look for turboa nd intercoolers. but the full exhaust and CAI might stuff u up abit cos they now can make u go dyno tune the car! but if u have mechanic friend ur mechanic urself u can change it easy!!!!! 1 day u get it all changed back if u work hard!
    HOPE I WAS A HELP TOO U, i sort of trailed off a bit!!! i told u guys all this thats how i was gonan pull a high 13 liek is aid i would at calder but i ca'nt go on jan 14th becos my mate from work had soemone stack into him!!! and his car(180 got written off) hit from front and behind cos a drive comnig opposite was fell asleepa dn hit him , and both drivers had no insurance so he car is gone i had to buy his seats off him cos he needed money for christmas! and cos of the seats i copped a canary so untill i sort that out i can't go to calder! and the sets took all my money! and i still have tog et rails! so thats why i wont be running on the 14th and i ain't going to calder again iwth the car is the same shape i wanna run a beta time! u get me!!1 so if u wanna bag me bag me all u want but i don't care becos i did this for a mate! anyways back to the VTiR and ITR if u wanna have a complete package without modiying get ITR if u inetnd to sell later too but if u wanna buikd a car urself get VTiR!!!! sorry abotu writing so much peoples

man u on E.... hahahahaha....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Civic EJ8 Coupe
    HAHAHA Rukz speak english bro!!!!!!