Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

central locking/keyless entry

hey guys, ive got a 94 civic and im sick of having to put my key in to unlock all my doors. im guessing the car has central locking coz all my doors unlock when i unlock the driver door.. but what do i need to make it work with a remote?

i thought i might aswell get an alarm system since im doing the upgrade, so would i just have to purchase an alarm system and wire it up? or will i need to get a central locking system and actuators?

cheers guys, any help is much apprecitaed

i think for remote entry u just attatch a machine that will pull the lever for the door lock inside the door trim

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    You can buy remote central locking kits from jaycar or supercheap which is just a remote, actuators and controller box.

If you buy an alarm you will need an actuator. You only need one if your car already has central locking.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    will i only need one actuator? or one of the two central locking kit or alarm system??

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i remember out of memory when i had the alarm and remote central locking put into my car (forgive me if im wrong this is 2 weeks after purchase about 10 years ago!) that i needed a solenoid??? for the passenger door...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

no Zilli, the driver's door needs the actuator. your passenger door already has an actuator as your passenger door will lock/unlock when you turn the drivers door key.
    You are forgiven.
    PS. I'm unable to answer your pm to me. my pm's don't work.

OP - I think that if you needed to ask the question here then you don't know much about how to put them in so...........

I suggest you contact one of the many auto parts retailers ( there are heaps, look them up & ring them).
    You will either need a "keyless entry system/remote central locking" (same thing.) or a FULL alarm. both will remotely unlock/lock your doors.

You will only need one actuator for the drivers door. the other passenger doors already have factory actuators as you have described.(they lock and unlock when you turn the key)

Remote central locking kit will have everything you need & more (4 or 2 actuators, you only need 1)
    or get an alarm together with central locking kit.

If you know how to install yourself then you can buy individual parts instead of wasting money on buying a whole kit.

if not then just buy the kits and find someone to install it for you.

If the system allows then you can also have an actuator to open the boot.............

read up on the options that the system offers.....
    Last edited by Bludger; 27-09-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Yes only one actuator is needed for the drivers side if your car already has central locking. Costs about $15 or usually free if you get your alarm done professionally.

If you car is old and doesnt have central locking by factory (eg. drivers side door doesnt open other doors) then you need to put actuators on every door.

I suggest going for the alarm for more security.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    aha very good!

makes sense because the driver side is being actuated by by the key in the lock (before having the remote central)... good stuff and thanks for the info.

ps... dont know anything (or remember anyhting) about any PM... if in fact that was directed at me.

Cheers
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    hmm okayyy.. thats sounds about right. i went down to autobarn today just to see what info i can get, and the guy told me i need a motor for the passenger door :S
    for it to work properly, he told me that if i unlock the car from the passenger side, it should unlock all the doors on the car, which it doesnt at the moment. only dirver door unlocks the rear doors. (my car is 4 door) any ideas on that?

btw thanks heaps guys, appreciate ur input..

look mate, lets just keep it simple, simplicity is best.

that autobarn guy isn't wrong and he isn't right either. (I know why he said your passenger door needs an actuator/motor but explaining why he said that is going to take too much effort in order to get you to understand.)
    If you follow his logic then may as well install actuators on all the doors, even though they already have factory ones.

do you need all the doors to lock/unlock from the passenger side?

you won't even need it from the drivers side once you get remote keyless entry.

in the end its up to you mate but We have answered your questions as best and as simple as possible.
    Last edited by Bludger; 27-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Hi, was wondering if a kit like this :

http://www.rapidelectronics.com.au/p...ess-Entry.html

is enough for remote keyless entry? Reading the above comments, people say an actuator is needed but this kit only comes with remotes and relays? My car already has central locking and I just want to use a remote to lock/unlock doors instead of using the key.