Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    What is a LVMG's?
    '09 VTR250

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    What is a LVMG's?
    Light Vehicle Modification Guidelines from RTA: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...s_nov_2007.pdf

there is also the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa.../vsb_ncop.aspx

can you find out which one he is using?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Light Vehicle Modification Guidelines from RTA: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...s_nov_2007.pdf

there is also the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa.../vsb_ncop.aspx

can you find out which one he is using?
    It'll be a few weeks before I book in with the Engineer to get the certificate. But, I'll let you know exactly what happens when it's all passed, done, legal and registered. =)
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Woohoo! Quads are gone. ITR manifold and 70mm TB with mugen style airbox in now =)

Final tune next week =)
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    why not put ur ITB back on once it has passed?

its not like you have to go through all this again later on ... once its done - its done

i would have just slapped on the cheapest parts possible to pass - than put your ITB etc back on
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    why not put ur ITB back on once it has passed?
    the point of getting engineering sign-off is so you reduce the chance of being defected by police patrols etc...

pretty silly to get it all engineered OK then to put bits on that aren't listed in the engineers report?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    the point of getting engineering sign-off is so you reduce the chance of being defected by police patrols etc...

pretty silly to get it all engineered OK then to put bits on that aren't listed in the engineers report?
    +1

I want it all legal so i can't get hassled at all. I don't normally drive like an idiot on the road, so i normally don't catch their attention. But if the off chance, eg....ozhonda meet ups where people got defected, i don't have to worry about this at all. =)
    '09 VTR250

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Woohoo! Quads are gone. ITR manifold and 70mm TB with mugen style airbox in now =)

Final tune next week =)
    I take it the airbox, vacuum tank, thermotatic valve, VSV & Secondary tables was in the too hard basket?

So you know, the 70mm throttle on an ITR intake manifold with Mugen style box is less than ideal
    To make that work you'd need a dyno tuned CAI.
    In your case, if you swap to 65mm throttle & you'll pick-up 5kw everywhere.
    Btw. the match porting limit of an ITR is 64~65mm anyway so you've likley wasted your money on the throttleon two counts.
    If you really must use bigger than 65, you'll need a Skunk2 manifold.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    I take it the airbox, vacuum tank, thermotatic valve, VSV & Secondary tables was in the too hard basket?

So you know, the 70mm throttle on an ITR intake manifold with Mugen style box is less than ideal
    To make that work you'd need a dyno tuned CAI.
    In your case, if you swap to 65mm throttle & you'll pick-up 5kw everywhere.
    Btw. the match porting limit of an ITR is 64~65mm anyway so you've likley wasted your money on the throttleon two counts.
    If you really must use bigger than 65, you'll need a Skunk2 manifold.
    In addition to the "too much stuffing" around basket, the quads were only 42mm throats, which are a little small for a B20 vtec. 50mm would be more idea and respond better to my setup. And, that the TWM airbox i looked at didn't have enough volume to keep the ITB's happy. I would still have to go down the custom airbox path to accommodate them, which again...for me is in "too much stuffing" around basket.

Oh, and another thing, by changing the intake from stock itr manifold and stock looking tb, the engineer was happy with that. But as soon i start making the manifold and tb look aftermarket, he said i have to do an EPA run. Which means....no aftermarket programmable ECU = no s200 to run my setup = no run = no certificate. So, as you can see....it just snow balled and got bigger than Ben Hur, which is a pretty big show!(so i'm told) =)

I'm only running a 70mm TB for the meantime, as we didn't have a dyno available for testing between the 70mm and 68mm TB's. So it's just to get by for now, until this week or next week. Whenever the dyno is ready. Once it is ready, we'll be doing back to back testing to see which one is best suited for my setup. I'm not there yet, but getting close =)
    '09 VTR250

Oh, and another thing, by changing the intake from stock itr manifold and stock looking tb, the engineer was happy with that. But as soon i start making the manifold and tb look aftermarket, he said i have to do an EPA run. Which means....no aftermarket programmable ECU = no s200 to run my setup = no run = no certificate. So, as you can see....it just snow balled and got bigger than Ben Hur, which is a pretty big show!(so i'm told) =)
    pretty sure you'd have to do an EPA run anyways if you want it to be certified 'legal'

check the links in post #50

eg: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...s_3Feb2006.pdf

like i said before, check with your engineer which certification he is using? NCOP or LVMG?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    either way they can still send you back to epa whether you have engineers cert of not
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900