Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy-boi View Post
    do u mind pm'ing me pricing on them?
    They were already on the car when I bought it. So, pricing wise, I don't know. Rough guess....$1k. Maybe..
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Look, b18 isn't bad, I drive a built one regularly and torque is awesome, but i wouldn't be saying this if i had experienced a b20 with quads.
    Trying to PM you, but your inbox is full.
    '09 VTR250

i don't have pm.

whats up?

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    This car is also my daily driver with about 2-4 track days a year.

Which one do we all think would last longer? I have read that B20's like to self destruct, but I've read it also comes down to the tune.
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    i don't have pm.

whats up?
    If you had a choice between the two, which one would you choose?
    '09 VTR250

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    No. The engine builder wants any part of my engine returned to him, instead of being sold. Perfectly understandable.
    LOL. Your getting scammed and taken for a ride.

Nothing special about your b20 bottom end. Mostly standard bits. Really its not "built" just refreshed with stronger rod bolts.

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    LOL. Your getting scammed and taken for a ride.

Nothing special about your b20 bottom end. Mostly standard bits. Really its not "built" just refreshed with stronger rod bolts.
    Yep. I know it's not a built b20, and yes I know it's pretty much standard but a little stronger. It's only running a low 9.8:1 comp ratio. But if I can get it engineered, I'm going to strengthen the bottom end and raise comp to 11.5-12.0:1.

Even though it's a pretty stock bottom end, I'm extremely happy with it. With higher comp, it'll be even better! =)
    '09 VTR250

so you want to drop a b18 back into your car have you thought of using the crank and rods from b20 to drop into the b18 block you got so its a lsvtec so you can still get it engineered pretty easy still

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    This car is also my daily driver with about 2-4 track days a year.

Which one do we all think would last longer? I have read that B20's like to self destruct, but I've read it also comes down to the tune.
    Stock sleeves can only handle so much. Bad tune/bad batch of fuel/ blocked injector and etc can lead to a quick destruction.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Yep. I know it's not a built b20, and yes I know it's pretty much standard but a little stronger. It's only running a low 9.8:1 comp ratio. But if I can get it engineered, I'm going to strengthen the bottom end and raise comp to 11.5-12.0:1.

Even though it's a pretty stock bottom end, I'm extremely happy with it. With higher comp, it'll be even better! =)
    And leave a bigger hole in the wallet.

Just file off the stock b20 number and hammer in your stock engines... throw your stock block into the sea. Problem solved

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    you can order 2000cc stroker kits from companies which are good value for your 1.8
    just do a search many japanese and american companies make off teh shelf kits
    be a easy swap over as you have all the parts already