Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    just drill a hole maybe 2cm or even 1cm and it will allow the heat in your headlights to go

OR

dont buy fakes and buy real deal genuine ek9 lights

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I did the EK9 DIY Headlights and shortly after I got moisture in my headlights. First thing to check is that all the seals are tight and no way for water to get in. If you see any gaps use a water proof sealant like Sealeys all clear or something similar.

Next thing is to take the headlights out and drill a 4-6mm breather hole in the bottom of the headlight. Wait for a nice warm day and all that moisture will evaporate out of your headlight. If you can't wait use a hairdryer or heat gun and just blast the moisture out...

Worked a treat for me.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    just drill a hole maybe 2cm or even 1cm and it will allow the heat in your headlights to go

OR

dont buy fakes and buy real deal genuine ek9 lights
    Can happen to genuine aswell so not always the best solution. Stop pushing people to buy OEM if they don't want or can't afford it let them buy reps... its there choice.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    thanks for all your help guys, and as much as i want real EK9 headlights, the money could go towards something else on my car, maby later down the track, i will do some re-sealing so this does not happen again and the moisture stays there for a good week if its not in the sun :S
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic VTi-R
    If you keep a watch on Ebay, genuine ones do occasionally show up on there secondhand at good prices - I bought some on there at around the $100 mark for a pair! It took quite a few months of watching before they turned up, and I had to make the search very specific ("used" items) to ignore the fake new ones which are always on there.
    Don

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    how do u tell from fakes to oem? seems the ones on ebay look pretty good, almost like oem
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Besides the fake ones being the wrong colour... OEM CTR is actually a light gun metal colour, fakes are usually black..

The legit OEM will have a stamp in the glass saying "Stanley" the company that makes Honda's headlight and taillights.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Hi

Anybody have headlights for em1? Let me know & how much?