Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9

Unhappy EK/EM1 Moisture in the headlight

Hey guys, im terribly sorry if there is already a post about this, i have searched and couldnt find anything on the ek/em1, what happened is i have two brand new after market headlights, and for some reason the lefts side started getting foggy/moisture in the head light, now it stopped but the other side has it lol, i dont understand how this is happening and im just looking for a few tips on ways i can get rid of it and prevent it from happening again because its not the best look lol.

I have taken a photo for use so your not beating around the bush at what im talking about lol
    Thanks guys hope you can help me

JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I remember reading taking off the front bumper and drilling a hole at the bottom of the lights, cant remember if it was for moisture and water or both.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    hhhmmmmmmm i dunno if i wonna do that lol, but if i drilled a whole, wouldnt that just make even more moisture in the rain ? lol not to happy atm with this head light lol
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    well u said aftermarket that explains it all lol, normal ones have a tube coming out of the headlights that allows the head lights to breath, as others said, maybe just pre-drill a hole so it breaths better...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    well u said aftermarket that explains it all lol, normal ones have a tube coming out of the headlights that allows the head lights to breath, as others said, maybe just pre-drill a hole so it breaths better...
    :S it does have a tubing tho that's the thing, i guess i might just have to drill a hole in a area that water is goin to hit, could it also be because of my hid's ? im not sure :S
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    hhhmmmmmmm i dunno if i wonna do that lol, but if i drilled a whole, wouldnt that just make even more moisture in the rain ? lol not to happy atm with this head light lol
    I thinmk the theory behind drilling a hole is because what's causing the moisture is condensation. Therefore, if there's a hole there for the heat to escape your headlights wont fog up anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic VTi-R
    Just another reason why you should only fit genuine ones. If they can't get something like sealing right, how good is it likely to be as a headlight? It's a danger to you and everyone else.
    Don

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Funny thing is even genuine headlights can have this problem, i know mine did during winter. I got a hairdryer and evaporated the moisture and resealed the headlight seams with RTV silicone

Also check the rubber boot for the bulb is making a good seal.

I dont think drilling a hole is a good idea, headlight heat might make it go away but moisture will find itself there easier the next morning.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post

I dont think drilling a hole is a good idea, headlight heat might make it go away but moisture will find itself there easier the next morning.
    Yerr thats what i was thinking wouldnt it be easier ? im not to sure because the other headlight had it then it went away now this one has it :S i might just use a hair dryer get it out and then see how i go i guess but thanks for all of your replies
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    how long does the condensation stay in the headlight? i think it mite be the sealing around the headlight that mite be letting in moisture resulting in condensation as well
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 and EK1
    Don't drill any new holes in your headlights. Check the seals around your headlight's housing and reseal it with silicone if need be. Also check the rubbers/seals around your globes are fitted properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Air naturally has humidity/water vapour and it condenses inside the headlights. This is why i recommend sealing the headlights as airtight as possible.

Once you apply heat though it evaporates and finds its way out of the headlights.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS