Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2R

want to get rid of d b18c7 nd got k24 ftw some help pls :)

Hey guys i am seriously considering getting a k24 atm as i am looking for large power upgrade i have a dc2R with minor mods 2 the motor,i have realized the performance i am seeking will set me back big time if i stick with the b18c7 and also it will put immense pressure on the engine, i am posting this thread hopefully to get some response on few things ill need with the k24 and what other mods i can add to create harder reving and would the dc5r or dc5s gearbox b better
    Last edited by Zilli; 05-10-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: no selling for newcomers

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    check ebay, look at the for sale area etc to find out how much the engine is worth... no selling for newcomers
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Deep pockets?

What kind of performance are you seeking? why not just turbo the b18c? P plater?
    Go to Good performance in Yennora and talk to them about it. Tell them what you want and they know what they're doing.

Sell your old setup for 4-5k, add another 5-9k+ on top for the motor, gearbox (one with lsd), and all the custom bits and work inc installation, engine mounts to fit, ecu, k-swap headers and an exhaust made, drive shafts, then theres the matter of engineering to make it road legal and alot more sh!t needed....etc

And if you do go k24, go k24 bottom end with a k20 top along with some headwork/internals, I/H/E, + aftermarket ecu tune. After all this is done 20k+ spent. Not worth it imo.
    Some advice is to buy a pre swapped integra or eg/ek etc which has the k24 already and just work on that.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Good question about the gearbox. My mate is doing a similar setup on his DC2R with a k20, question is how to differentiate the DC5 Type R and the Type S (non-LSD) gearbox.

Is there a difference in serial numbers?...
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    Deep pockets?

What kind of performance are you seeking? why not just turbo the b18c? P plater?
    Go to Good performance in Yennora and talk to them about it. Tell them what you want and they know what they're doing.

Sell your old setup for 4-5k, add another 5-9k+ on top for the motor, gearbox (one with lsd), and all the custom bits and work inc installation, engine mounts to fit, ecu, k-swap headers and an exhaust made, drive shafts, then theres the matter of engineering to make it road legal and alot more sh!t needed....etc

And if you do go k24, go k24 bottom end with a k20 top along with some headwork/internals, I/H/E, + aftermarket ecu tune. After all this is done 20k+ spent. Not worth it imo.
    Some advice is to buy a pre swapped integra or eg/ek etc which has the k24 already and just work on that.
    good advice there
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    ???
    not worth it ? the joy of having a car and building it is to have it and actually BUILD IT. not "buy" it!

i found that it was all actually worth it..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    K swap is definatly worth it, its keeping with the times, i would recommend going K20A type R motor straight up though. and building it

definately a TODA build lol... also a good friend Tim with the silver DC5R up here in QLD is dominating up here 2.1L N/A
    hunting down the GTR's in the corners lol

also what are your plans??? Circuit, Drag, or just power on the street???
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2R
    yeh nah i always like even with my older integra wanted 2 do a k24 swapp my motor atm runs pretty good got a 13.8 pass wif it but im realising if i wan massive gains itll cost me alot and put enourmous pressure on the motor so yeh nd lol i don have deep pockets wish i did but i got enough nd yeh i wan good around the track its already set up that way but lookin 4 some more speed on the straights aswell i would b cheering with a 12sec pass high or low don bother me much

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2R
    yeh nah i always like even with my older integra wanted 2 do a k24 swap i favoured them over k20 all the time 4 some odd reason but yeh my motor atm runs pretty good got a 13.8 pass down d 1/4 mile wif it but im realising if i wan massive gains itll cost me alot and put enourmous pressure on the motor so yeh nd lol i don have deep pockets wish i did but i got enough nd yeh i wan good around the track its already set up that way but lookin 4 some more speed on the straights aswell i would b cheering with a 12sec pass high or low don bother me much

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    Build the b18c7, so then it can take the "ENOURMOUS PRESSURE" wokr out ten times cheaper then k20/24 swap.... and you will have the potential to break the 12 second barrier.

If your simply looking for a little more torque for around the street and track and opens up for further upgrades later down the track, look into the B20Vtec..

Your best option is to have a bit of a research and find out exactly what you want!

Go through the all motor threads http://http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/...p?20-All-Motor.

After you have a look through there jump on google and search

B18c turbo
    B20vtec
    k20/24 swap into dc2

that should get you on your way. good luck
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?