Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

How to stop scraping tyres from guards

Hey guys,

My car is undergoing some issues, the front tyres are scraping the fenders when going up my drive way, and the rears start touching the pannel when I'm turning the car at 60km/h +. Then this waterish/burning smell comes from the rear tyres.

I've searched abit but internet is slow, and I havn't found much but people have mentioned "Change rim size". My car is a DC2 VTiR, its on 17" rims and yes I have thought about changing the rims. But last week when I went to a wheel shop, they said even If I change my rims to 16inch, my tyres will still scrub on the guards. I will be discussing with a guy from this forum on purchasing a set of wheels (16inches) but It'll be months till I get them fitted, because shipping from the US takes a very long as I have heard.

And right now my budget isn't sufficant for coilovers yet, but I was wondering if there are any other alternatives?

Heres some pics

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    are your guards rolled? if the fronts are only hitting the fender liner (plastic bit in there) i wouldnt be worried.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    are your guards rolled? if the fronts are only hitting the fender liner (plastic bit in there) i wouldnt be worried.
    Nah man it's not rolled, whatever that is? The front isn't only hitting fender liner, its scrubing the fender itself =[.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Camber kit, BAM problem solved.

+1 on smaller wheels
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    rolling ur guards will fold the little fender lip you can feel it ur ran your fingers along the inside edge up against the fender and give you a bit more clearance.

id also have a good look at the sidewalls for damage on the backs.

whats rime size and offset you running? and tyre sizes?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    rolling ur guards will fold the little fender lip you can feel it ur ran your fingers along the inside edge up against the fender and give you a bit more clearance.

id also have a good look at the sidewalls for damage on the backs.

whats rime size and offset you running? and tyre sizes?
    I had a feel of the inner metal bit on the backs, it has been bent upwards but its like 2cm away from the tyres.

205/45/17x9 38+ offset.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Camber kit, BAM problem solved.

+1 on smaller wheels
    Hmmm camber kits, thanks for that. I thought those items were only to make the car sit nice lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    if its not wrecking the tyres i personally wouldnt be worried. scrubbing is fun

xD

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Just get your guards rolled should solve most of the problems

Just pm Im.kusuma for guard rolling, just tell him pablos sent u should do a half decent price
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    if its not wrecking the tyres i personally wouldnt be worried. scrubbing is fun

xD
    Haha, the front RHS tyre looses air by like 9psi everytime it hits the metal bit inside the fender. The rears smell like crap when I turn at moderate speeds. And I have a long trip in 3weeks so I need this problem to vanish

Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    Just get your guards rolled should solve most of the problems

Just pm Im.kusuma for guard rolling, just tell him pablos sent u should do a half decent price
    Thanks heaps man, I'll get in contact with him now =].

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    what sussy u running ? stock dampers with kings or eibachs? (or otha lowering springs)
    or coilovers ? if u got coilovers set them to the stiffest setting

here is a youtube video on what is done
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXF4ZcpVufU
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    what sussy u running ? stock dampers with kings or eibachs? (or otha lowering springs)
    or coilovers ? if u got coilovers set them to the stiffest setting

here is a youtube video on what is done
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXF4ZcpVufU
    hey dude,

im running king super lows. thanks for trying to help tho