Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6

B18C7 Misfire in VTEC

Hey all!

Recently my 99' DC2R has started misfiring badly in VTEC. It is fine up until 5.7-6k RPM.

I was low on petrol, and figured it may have been just bad fuel so I emptied the tank and refueled with BP Ultimate 98. No misfires, all good, gave it a spirited drive through the twisties and all was fine.

I was near the end of that tank last night, and gave it a bit of gas in 2nd, and sure enough, the misfire started again. So off I went a second time, and refueled, still misfiring now. I haven't checked my plugs, but the car has just had a service on Friday, oil, injector cleaner and an inspection.

I'm hoping this is just another bad batch of fuel, but I'll get out there tomorrow and check my plugs.

Does this sound like a bad/dirty fuel filter?

Cheers!

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Check plug leads are secure at both ends.
    Check the spark plugs for condition - gap & fouling
    When checking the plugs, also check the tails of the plugs if they are screw on, if these are loose it can casue misfire.

When the fuel filter becomes blocked the car generally feels flat & doughy,
    It's generally a progressive thing rather than a sudden misfire situaton.
    Leads comming loose off the dissy cap or plugs is more likley...
    Or water down the spark plug holes from washing the engine.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

after checking what TODA AU says and still fails..

try the below;

1) Check Dizzy condition / clean terminal points.
    2) Check your ignition timing - you could be running too rich or lean and your knock sensor could be triggering, which may cause the car to run crap and misfire.
    3) Inspect/Clean your MAP sensor (intake) dirty/faulty sensors will cause your car to misfire.
    4) Resset ECU

see how u go....

Quote Originally Posted by IBOOST View Post
    3) Inspect/Clean your MAP sensor (intake) dirty/faulty sensors will cause your car to misfire.

see how u go....
    You can do that? the MAP measures pressure and I have read there's no point. I have been thinking about unscrewing the map from the IM and giving it a spray with electronic cleaning solvent but scared it will get damaged.