Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo

Question EJ8 and EK1 Compatability

Hey guys

I'v done a search for this info and so far i'v been unsucessfull so forgive me if this is a repost.

I have a wrecked EJ8 (Coupe) *D16y8* and a set of coilovers + some other goodies which i want to transplant into a EK1 CXi (Hatch).

Just wondering if the engine mounts for the motors would be the same and hence would be a straight swap as the CXi needs a motor.

Also would the coilovers fit without modification?

Thanks for anyhelp

Again sorry if it's a repost.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    Yes you can swap it. ej8 and ek are the same and have the same engine mount positions. and D series is interchangable within the same series i.e.. ej8 nad ek share the same same body shape just the bars are diffrent. so anything you have will fit on your ek hatch. so YES your sussy will fit onto your hatch.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    the ej8 is the same as the EK except for the rear area. so provided your ek is a pre-face lift (96-98), all the front parts will fit to, bumper, headlights, bonnet etc etc.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo
    Awesome, cheers for the fast replies

Quote Originally Posted by simonnowis View Post
    the ej8 is the same as the EK except for the rear area. so provided your ek is a pre-face lift (96-98), all the front parts will fit to, bumper, headlights, bonnet etc etc.
    Hi guys, i know that this is what everyone says but I just wanna definitely confirm that if i buy an 96-98 ej8 front bumper and put it on my 96-98 ek that it will definitely fit perfectly without any modifications, alignment etc (i.e. will the holes for all the bolts line up perfectly?)

has anyone here physically replaced their ek front bumper this way?

same for a 99-00 ek rear bar fitting on 96-98 ek, i know i'm being pedantic about this part in particular, but better to be safe i guess, do the bolt holes line up perfectly for this too?
    "your dream can become reality.."

Member Array
    Yes, EJ8 front bar will straight fit onto your EK hatch without any modifcation!
    Same goes for the rear bar, 99-00 EK hatch will fit onto your 96-98 hatch without any modification

how about bracing and sway/strut setups?
    do the ek hatch parts fit the ej8? what about rear strut brace?

Quote Originally Posted by LowEk View Post
    Yes you can swap it. ej8 and ek are the same and have the same engine mount positions. and D series is interchangable within the same series i.e.. ej8 nad ek share the same same body shape just the bars are diffrent. so anything you have will fit on your ek hatch. so YES your sussy will fit onto your hatch.
    would that be the same with a vti-r coupe b16a2 (engine mounts) into the HB cxi straight bolt in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by sw1fty View Post
    how about bracing and sway/strut setups?
    do the ek hatch parts fit the ej8? what about rear strut brace?
    everything except the rear bar is interchangable

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ej8
    abit out of topic, but hey worth to try...

let me know if u wanna sell ur coil over man..
    thx
    yiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Member Array
    Car:
    EK11
    Quote Originally Posted by lam.666 View Post
    would that be the same with a vti-r coupe b16a2 (engine mounts) into the HB cxi straight bolt in?
    EJ8 got D16Y8, only EM1 got B16A4

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I know Im digging up a one year+ old thread here

But I have a CXI with the SOHC 1.6L Non VTEC and I can get my hands on a D16Y SOHC VTEC motor.

as they are both D16Y engines, I've been told I can just drop in the new motor, ECU and the only difference is 1 wire? obviously for the VTEC Solenoid

So my questions are
    -Gearbox still the same?
    -Mounts still the same?
    -Harness still the same? Except 1 wire?

Will this be a straight forward install or will there be head aches?

I know some of you may say its a pointless excercise and just drop in a B16a+ but for a motor and ecu thats next to nothing and VTEC... wouldnt you? seeing as a B16a is 3.5kish installed?
    Last edited by Dc_II; 08-10-2010 at 08:59 AM.