Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli

Question EK Gli engine conversion or EK4

Hey guys,
    i just wanted to see your opinion on this before i set of to buy my very own car =]
    Im thinking that i will me sticking with the Ek series since i like the shape and its newer.. but i cant decide if i want a gli or ek4

Reasons for gli (99-00)
    -cheaper <6k
    -can get facelifted model
    -would get a conversion to a b18c7 whenever i have the money
    - would be a very close replica of the ek9
    -(bad) no vtec? and i dont think it has enough power? your opinion?

Reasons for ek4
    -b16
    -pricey (i would only get one under 10 k) very rare or very high KMs
    -sunroof
    -will also get a b18c7 once engine dies
    -(bad) would have to do a facelift conversion

Im tossing between the two as both have their disadvantages and advantages ><

What your opinion? should i get the gli.. stick with the d16y4 for a while.. do cosmetics/handling and minor engine mods ? or save up a longer peiod of time and go with the ek4?

In the end i do want something looking like an ek9.. ish

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    if you're planning on putting a b18 in either of the cars, EK1 or EK4 then i guess the real question is how important are things to you like being able to say you drive an EK4, sunroof. pretty much consider things the EK4 has that the EK1 doesn't have (not including engine, since you're planning on swapping it anyway).

personally i'd just do this.
    should i get the gli.. stick with the d16y4 for a while.. do cosmetics/handling and minor engine mods

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If ur gonna do swap, why not just go ek1 an do b18c swap later on, few guys have gone this route, an because ur goin for ek1, u can get more mods done than say already buyin a stock ek4 with the extra money as opposed to buyin ek4, an any money says the ek1 would b better condition given the budget...
    Dont do a type-r replica, do ur own style, ur own flavor, be a blk sheep lol

Vtec or no vtec, its still a honda, so dont kick urself if u dont get one, if ur not happy with the car, make it better
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    lol you say an EK4 is expensive but willing to put in a B18 when the B16 dies?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli
    Yea but that's later on..I just want to get the possible car for me asap

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli
    Thanks man.. I think i might just do that... Now must find a good one for a low price lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Go the GLi since if your planning on doing the conversion anyway as stated above you can use the price difference of the EK1 --> EK4 to do the cosmetics since if you got the EK4 you'd have to fork out more cash for the visuals aswell as getting the initial 10ish grand for the EK4 in the first place just seems more logical

I'm a sucker for the sunroof but you rather have a low km car with your own cosmetic mods done and have no sunroof as opposed to having a sunroof with previous-owner's chromes/stock look and rolling with 200,000+ kms then also having to save up for rebuild/new engine soon just my preference anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    ek1, at the end of the day do you really need a sunroof? You obvisiouly want to go fast buying a b18c and the sunroof is just more weight and something that can leak.. EK4 does have better brakes but hey that will give you an excuse to upgrade the rears on the ek1...ek4 does have better seats but hey that wil give you an excuse to put recaros in the ek1..conversion will be more work/money though having d series and going to a b. Facelift looks better also imo

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    isn't it only cxi that has rear drums :s

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonek1 View Post
    isn't it only cxi that has rear drums :s
    you are right...im only human lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    you are right...im only human lol
    haha aren't we all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli
    Thanks for all replys guys ...high chance I'm going with the ek1 ...you guys have made it easier to decide and helped me out heaps . Ty