Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Doesn't stop torque steer, only alleviates it.
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ok so, I'm going to call protex tomorrow and ask for the details on the weight of the part, and I'll weigh the old one, and if there's a significant difference, I'll order a RHS one. If it's is the same or too close to have an effect, I'll order new bushings, probably go suspension bushings all round. I can replace these myself, however I'll have to have everything aligned correctly afterwards... *sigh*

so if a wheel alignment is just adjusting the tie rods... (even though on the job card they gave me it shows toe in, camber etc. not sure what the go is there)

then what do I ask for to get everything adjusted/aligned correctly..?

:S
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    ok so, I'm going to call protex tomorrow and ask for the details on the weight of the part, and I'll weigh the old one, and if there's a significant difference, I'll order a RHS one. If it's is the same or too close to have an effect, I'll order new bushings, probably go suspension bushings all round. I can replace these myself, however I'll have to have everything aligned correctly afterwards... *sigh*

so if a wheel alignment is just adjusting the tie rods... (even though on the job card they gave me it shows toe in, camber etc. not sure what the go is there)

I'm actually quiet interested in seeing if there is a difference between the OEM product and the one you have just installed, although there really shouldn't be.

Replacing other things like bushings is probably a good idea anyway, like someone mentioned before bushings and the like develop a 'wear memory' overtime (common sense I know I'm sorry). PLUS, if you are going to get everything realigned again, you may aswell just take the opportunity to fiddle around and replace them before you do go get it aligned.

If you look at the positives, you will potentially come out of this with
    -Brand spanking new driveshafts
    -New bushings
    -A good wheel-alignment
    And most importantly a whole heap of experience on the issue!

Good luck bro, remember to tell us if there is a difference between the OEM/aftermarket product!
    part time potato

Super-DA9: can you answer my question in bold?

Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    Just get LSD. k
    Will make the problem worse. An open diff wants to give both wheels half the torque - an LSD such as a torsen is quite happy to support an imbalance which will lead to torque steer even with perfect suspension geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post

They measure all the angles and give them to you in a printout, but the only thing that the $50 places adjust is toe. If you want to do it properly you need to adjust all the suspension points and the subframe. I don't know anywhere which does this but I'm sure it exists somewhere (there'd be lots of $$ involved).
    Last edited by string; 08-10-2010 at 07:58 AM.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I tightened the bolts (of which went through the bushes, in the areas that I had to play with anyway) when the car was on stands at the front with the wheel off. I think I see what you're getting at, maybe I tightened it more than the other side..? or possibly did it at the wrong time?

Ah ok, so I need to actually ask for everything to be adjusted. In that case I think I'll purchase a full front set of bushes and install them, and then get everything aligned correctly. The bushes in there look pretty old lol.

In terms of different driveshaft weights, I called up the company today, and the foreign lady I spoke to had NO F**KING IDEA what I was asking about... but I also contacted honda and they said that driveshafts need a little bit of time to "wear in" properly, and to wait a bit.

I'll keep ya'll updated, thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

If you tore one of your old bushings, you might have some wheel movement when you get on the power.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah that could be it, I'm still trying to hunt down a full front set of bushings, or a full car set that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. thank you for your advice, I'll let you know how it goes after I get it done.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015