Oil filter change every 20,000kms?

Hi guys,

To you smart Jazz owners out there, im just wondering, looking through the service logbook, why does honda recommend a change of the oil filter every 20,000kms instead of 10,000kms?

the misses has an 04 Vti GD (MY05). I was absolutely curious as to why that is so when i was reading the service logbooks.

Sorry if this is an absolutely nooooooob question

Member Array
    Car:
    Lil' 4 cylinder
    Sounds about right. Every second service it gets change. Though you don't have to follow that, request the dealer to change oil filter when you service it next.

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    I'd say every 2-3 services

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Because Honda design it to be changed at 20K intervals.

Did you also know that they recommend a coolant change at 10 year intervals ? That genuine Honda coolant must be good stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Because Honda design it to be changed at 20K intervals.

Did you also know that they recommend a coolant change at 10 year intervals ? That genuine Honda coolant must be good stuff.
    coolant to last 200,000kms

lolwut

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

I keep changes regularly my Honda cars every 10K's with oil and Oil filters (genuine honda) DIY ... my misses Odyssey '05 is now over 100K's without any issue car still running smoothly and now I'm doing the same thing with '09 Jazzie.

Hi guys,

yup aware that the service logbook states every 20,000km oil filter change, but on every OTHER car i know (be it toyota or nissan or your australian counterparts), their service logbook states oil filter change every 7,500km to 10,000km.

i just dont understand why honda would make it every 20,000km instead of the common 10,000km - because thats a dramatic difference in timespan and oil used between 10,000km and 20,000km. For instance, my camry is oil and oil filter every 7,500km. to think that i would miss every 2nd 7,500km oil filter change is like saying to someone - only change your underpants every 2 days, as supposed to everyday. get my lame logic? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post

lolwut
    we can just all run on destilled water, and radiator's would still be fine forever and ever lol.
    Last edited by Wilco; 11-10-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post

lolwut
    Check it in your Jazz service schedule.

Apparently alot of Nissan owners use Honda coolant aswell though i've heard.....
    but yes, Honda coolant is pretty good shit!

my jazz has run 170,000 km and i always chage the filter when the oil gets changed. the car is still running like new and I hope to get 300,000 kms before something major goes wrong. i suspect the clutch will be the first to go...

Quote Originally Posted by 62rocket View Post
    my jazz has run 170,000 km and i always chage the filter when the oil gets changed. the car is still running like new and I hope to get 300,000 kms before something major goes wrong. i suspect the clutch will be the first to go...
    yea 300,000kms will be fine, just as long as you garage it, seriously.
    cars will last, but they always need to be garaged for it to last fully. my 89 sv21 camry has done 330,000km, and apart from extreme neglect, it still manages to run well. there's just rust developing. if we garaged it, it would still be a great drive. its an auto too.