[CU2] sports mode or normal mode saves fuel?

I'm just curious anyone here uses sports gear mode at a daily basis? hows the fuel consumption like vs normal mode?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    i also have an auto CU2, and it's pretty much common sense, when on "D", the rev's are limited and are controlled by the ECU to stay low unless you apply more pressure to the throttle, this is for day to day driving, however Sports Mode or "S" on the Automatic Transmission's Gear Box, allows you to then activate manual gear changes by flicking on the paddle shifters (+ or -), in this "Mode", the ECU allows you to control where you want the rev's to be limited to before you flick the + paddle to change to a higher gear which lowers your rev's. I'm not a HUGE professional on this, but that's just my observations towards the car, in conclusion, it's obvious that normal "D" mode is a tad more fuel efficient than Sport's Mode only because the ECU controls the rev's for you.

you are right , but we might save fuel if we drive wisely with sports mode? maybe not :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by demoiree View Post
    you are right , but we might save fuel if we drive wisely with sports mode? maybe not :P
    haha, honestly, i cbf changing gears myself, let the ECU do all the work

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2010
    In reply to this, if i have mine is " S " mode seriously i tend to waste more fuel as i tend to rev it up to about 4-5-6,000RPM mark.

With ECU doing the job i dont go over 3,500rpm and get 700-750kms out of my tank
    Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav 2010

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I use both modes daily. I always use the paddles to drop gears when coasting down hills, or if there is a reduction in the speed limit on a down hill section. Obviously engine braking reduces brake wear. I also down shift manually when overtaking other cars, It's so easy to drop 2 gears back to 3rd with the paddles for overtaking on the highway, then leaving it there to reduce speed back to the posted speed limit before manually upshifting again. In addition to that I don't know of anyone on this forum who can come close to my fuel economy, but I do have the advantage of living in the country.

Ollie, as for getting 700 - 750 out of a tank, when I fueled up today I had done 751 kms & it took 51.18 lts to fill to the very top.

After I fueled up today and updated my spreadsheet I can quote the following - my current figures are 2260.1 lts to travel 31871kms. I will let you get your calculators out......lol
    Last edited by buddah51au; 23-10-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    7.09 l/100km or 39.79 m.p.g or 10 cents per km (if you pay what I pay per litre). Very impressive.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Ollie, as for getting 700 - 750 out of a tank, when I fueled up today I had done 751 kms & it took 51.18 lts to fill to the very top.
    To be honest i sometimes get more depends if i am city driving or HWY driving ... but i mean at a rate of 7.9L i get 800+ out of it but at a standard 8.8L or so i get 700-750 which i am proud of
    Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav 2010

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    My best to date was achieved on a trip to Sydney 6.23L/100 with a range of over 1000km