Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1

pedders springs EK

hey guys!

well i called pedders looking for lowered springs for my EK1. i know your all going to tell me to get coilovers but no, its not a huge build i just want minor aesthetic improvements (ie lip kit, mags, lowered, EK9 grill, you get the general aim)

for those of you who did buy them did you get the lowered spring or the drastically lowered spring, and do you have any photos?

by the numbers he gave me the car will only drop 5mm with the low and that seems wrong but itll drop an inch and a bit by the even lower set. please let me know i need to figure out what im doing

btw doing pedders works for me, i get good discount there lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Don't just get lowered prings, get shockies to match. Ur stock shocks will wear out real quick and handling will be shit.

Don't just go rice lowered springs on stock shocks IMO.

If u have mates at Pedders they will do a good deal on shocks + springs combo. U shouldnt cheap out.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Don't just get lowered prings, get shockies to match. Ur stock shocks will wear out real quick and handling will be shit.

Don't just go rice lowered springs on stock shocks IMO.

If u have mates at Pedders they will do a good deal on shocks + springs combo. U shouldnt cheap out.
    Agreed with that...

But since it seems ur on a budget, id suggest 1.5 inch drop is reasonable, enough for the shockers to still be working and alive, anything below 2inch drop is just asking for trouble with the stocky shockers
    Btw, pedders seem to retail there springs much more costly than say other places
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    its a case of get springs asap, then when i get a bit more money put new shocks in coz i do wanna do the whole thing, ive had busted shocks from low springs on my old 180. yeah i know, faggot ex-nissan driver lol

he said like $265 for all 4 springs? is that decent? i had them in my integra but they hardly lowered it at all so thats why i was thinking the lower option but i really need to see someone else who has put them in so i know what kind of ride height im looking at. they told me from the bottom of the wheel to the arch either 575 mm or 545 up front and 575 or 560 on rear. 17 inch rims (once again, off the integra)

i would go kings but thats what i had in the 180 and they annihilated the ride quality even with new shocks all round.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Sounds pretty good price, kings retail for around the same price, im not to sure about the height an all, but if its got something like 2 finger gaps or so should b ok, hardly anyone here use pedders, from what iev seen, kings seem to be the go

Im surprised u went from a 180sx to a civic, lol, id love to get a 180sx again
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    You'll barely notice the drop. Save the money and buy coilovers. Springs alone will turn your stock shocks into mush so in the end youll end up paying for shocks and springs which end up the same price as coilovers anyway.

If your still interested with springs here some pics:

Stock / Lows (1.5") / Superlows (2.5")

Ultralows (3.5") and closer shot

(Pics not 100% accurate cause i didnt take them all at the same level.)
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    for your application, say just a nice daily with some pretty bits and pieces, springs will do you fine. but hey, if you've got more coin definately go for the whole shock combo or coilovers, because dont forget your stock shocks are possibly over 10 years old!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 EM1
    yeah I had stock shocks with king springs and only last year my stock shocks went (into mush), i ended up replacing the entire lot with sport springs and shocks, was a little less than coilovers but handles great now!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    being a daily coilovers seem like overkill, and all the affordable ones seem to have bad write ups for comfort. thanks for that photo it was exactly what i wanted. would the super lows be equivalent to the lower pedders option? are those 17inch mags on that one? ill look into some king springs for pricing through work and see if i can get them any cheaper. i was just considering some KYB shocks or something coz mine are the original ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Youll end paying the same price after the lowered springs mash your stock shocks.

But yes 17" wheels, on the photos. Not sure about peddars springs but 2-2.5" is a good drop since its the most practicable height for a daily.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    the cheapest decent coilovers i can find are $1799 and i cant find a way to get discount on them (im cheap i understand this) and i dont wanna go second hand because im that kind of person and i dont have the time to be chasing up getting shocks rebuilt. by the looks of it i can get springs for <$300 and i can get shocks discount through work so theyll cost less than a grand in total easily so i might as well do that way and just choose my springs carefully. by your photos though ill just get the super lows theyre the height i want and the king springs/kyb combination i had in my 180 was pretty decet, a bit unforgiving but the civic doesnt have a chassis that tight anyway.

i know ill pay the same after my shocks die i just need to improve the general look of the car asap haha. plus mashed shocks arent the worst thing in the world. theyre tolerable for daily driving until i can afford the new shocks (which shouldnt be too long anyway)

then ill move on and get some more upgrades as they come available to me =D so keen to have a proper modified car again!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    umm bc coilovers retail around 1300, but than again this is a budget coil over, so dont expect much from them on the road, except stiff suspension ride....

I dont believe coilovers are over kill for the road, its that many get the budget option coilovers and expect good ride comfort, wen in fact its not, you get what u pay for i guess, so my suggestion, if comfort is high priority, go for springs and good shocks, that should more than enough
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC