Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser

Turbo - Wiring, Ignition Fluid selection ?

Gday everyone,

Wanted to pick the brains of the more experience spanner spinners out here on the forum, got a fair few questions

Wanted to hit you up with a few questions that have been bugging me. Car will be running a built long block, with lots of boost and water/meth injection. Will be used as a weekend street car / optional drag&track car. A few questions. I want to be running the best fluids and ignition components to suit my application, to ensure it lasts long and performs well. Generally speaking not too fussed on price as long as im paying for quality items.

What Type/Gade coolant to use ?
    What Type/Gade Oil to use ?
    What Type/Gade Spark plugs to use ?
    What Type/Gade Ignition leads to use ?
    What type of Methenol and water/mix ratio to run? (where also can i purchase methenol in brisbane? does it come as a pre-mix or a concentrate?)

Also i have lots of questions in regards to the wiring of accesories. I am running the Hondata S300, Turbosmart Eboost 2, AEM water methonol injection and Innovate Wideband. I have got all these wired in and powerd up with the accessories however unsure on how to wire the outputs/inputs between devices. ie so when methonol is armed, the boost controller knows to add extra boost, or the ecu know to add extra timing etc. Also do i wire in the a anologue input from the wideband to the S300? if so on what wire? are the optional spair inputs on the S300 ? Is there anything i need to do on a wiring level so i can use the Anti-lag, Launch control & Flat shift features of the S300?

Thats about it for now, any advice much appreciated.

Regards Lyle
    Last edited by Sexc86; 10-11-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    What the hell ? No love?
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i'll drop a few things;
    coolant - i usually run toyota long life and have added 'mo cool' from motul, it drops the temps quite abit. I've found the toyota coolant better than the honda stuff.
    plugs - iridiums, i use NGK, at least 1 plug colder, gapping prob stock if you run an upgraded ignition
    ignition - one of the cranes fireball CDI kits with a MSD billetted distributor or direct coils,
    leads - i'm running magnacore which seem pretty good quality
    meth mix - let me know how you go i've not gone down that root, was gonna try but lost interest
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION