Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vtec

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L

Vtec

Where did the "VTEC YO" comment originate from?

Why is Honda always associated as a 'ricer' car more than the other jap/asian brands?

And why do people think that Honda owners think VTEC is the fastest thing ever, i doubt majority think this yet the perception is there.

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    cant see the pic?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    think it originated from the ricer days. honda drivers used to genuinely think their cars were the shit and fastest thing out there? they also were the most common car to sport the most ridiculous exterior/interior mods?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Who is stating vtec is the fastest thing ever? put it next to a stock turbo or v8 and see it work its magic.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    IMO it started from FnF, ruined everything

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    I would have thought FnF made it look 'cool' in theory.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    did, but then 16 y.o. kids got their hands on them, bought bodykits for them and ruined their image overall. Then superwide bodykits went out of fashion and have looked ridiculous ever since.

It probably has something to do with NA and it's lack of tuning potential, and the FWD factor too. Performance aside, there was no real performance in the honda brand (type R's aside), just cars manufactured and then modified to look like they were fast. I suppose that is rice.

I personally call anything fast and japanese rice anyway, evos, s13/14/15's, R32,33,34's, sti's...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    True^^^

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    did, but then 16 y.o. kids got their hands on them, bought bodykits for them and ruined their image overall. Then superwide bodykits went out of fashion and have looked ridiculous ever since.

It probably has something to do with NA and it's lack of tuning potential, and the FWD factor too. Performance aside, there was no real performance in the honda brand (type R's aside), just cars manufactured and then modified to look like they were fast. I suppose that is rice.

I personally call anything fast and japanese rice anyway, evos, s13/14/15's, R32,33,34's, sti's...
    fast+japanese = rice?
    its sushi.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Honda's are the most rice? News to me. I always thought the worst cars were Corolla's, Pulsar's, Xcels, Lasers, Lancers etc

just a handful of delinquents ruining it for the rest of us.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R