Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

16x8 20+ offset on eg civic hatch

Hi guys i was just wondering how much work would be needed to fit these size rims on a eg hatch? and how much would the stick out from the guards ?

Cheers !

Would sit flush, you will probably need a small roll on the fenders though. All depends on your suspension and tire sizes.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK1
    Providing you use stock rolling diameter, well you can never have perfect but within a few % difference rolling diameter...

With height adjustable coilovers, you should be able to fit it sitting flush with under one finger gap between tyre and guard, most likely rear will need a small roll.

I use 16x8 +30 on my dc2r and had to roll rear and slightly pull fronts, under 1 finger gap front and rear, but i have made my camber more postive to save tyre.. so if you naturaly let it camber inwards as car lowers it will sit very nicely.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CD5, EK4, GD3
    im looking at a set on 16x7 with +15 on my ek hatch and all of my measurements have worked out the outside edge of the rims will be about 4-5mm proud of the rear wheel arch and about 8-10mm proud(outside) the fronts. With the right tyre width and profile should peel in nicely to clear the guard, (as mine are already rolled in the front. And im running about 2 degree camber atm, so might need a little more just to sit nice. SO seen as how your will be 16x8 but +20 your rim is gonna be 1 inch wider (1/2 inch outside, 1/2 inch inside) the offset is 5mm narrower, your proudly looking at the rims sticking out an extra 5-7mm than what mine will, provided your arches are stock ie. not rolled, pumped etc. Hope this helps.

Would sit very tight, even with a tiny bit of poke i reckon. Would look the goods
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    damn.. the offsets these days are becoming crazy...

i cant believe it doesnt scrap like a mofo on full load.. or silly camber in rear
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    well slightly off topic, but at what point does wide rims become over kill on fwd? i can see the benifit on rwd an 4wd, but on a fwd, i dont generally see anything over 8inch slapped on the fronts.... ok well given that its had its fenders an guards modded so it will accept wider rims, at what point is it over kill? does it hamper the steering, balance of grip, front vs rear etc etc
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    damn.. the offsets these days are becoming crazy...

i cant believe it doesnt scrap like a mofo on full load.. or silly camber in rear
    +20 isnt crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    well slightly off topic, but at what point does wide rims become over kill on fwd? i can see the benifit on rwd an 4wd, but on a fwd, i dont generally see anything over 8inch slapped on the fronts.... ok well given that its had its fenders an guards modded so it will accept wider rims, at what point is it over kill? does it hamper the steering, balance of grip, front vs rear etc etc
    It all depends on how you choose to use your car. Personal prefference is key when it comes to modifying cars. Wheel choice and size will depend on what the individual likes and is prepared to sacrifice in order to gain.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ^^
    As long as your rear doesnt look this pathetic than you are good in my books

lol...

You wont like my car then.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    ^^
    As long as your rear doesnt look this pathetic than you are good in my books

lol, thats how my DA sits just about

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    HAAHAHAHAHHA.... way too much camber.. basically it doesnt it