Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Canberra sucks for anything Honda related period.

Just go Hondata and drive up to TODA, its like wat? 2.75 hours. For the price of e-manage you could probably get a 2nd hand Hondata unit.

In addition, ITB's on a stock engine...? Would you even see gains worth the price????? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on a nice set of cams first..??? Plus tuning for ITB's isnt exactly easy...

EDIT: Just to add as well, changing your gear set and final drive will probably do more than I/H/E and tune combined.
    Last edited by NSPYRE; 14-11-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Hondata + tuned from TODA. I'm in Brisbane and I'm planning to get it tuned by TODA even though its that far away in Sydney.

Those boys are awesome at tuning, the ammount of reviews I've heard about their work from close family/friends members sets you a smile.

Good luck,

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    Canberra sucks for anything Honda related period.

Just go Hondata and drive up to TODA, its like wat? 2.75 hours. For the price of e-manage you could probably get a 2nd hand Hondata unit.

In addition, ITB's on a stock engine...? Would you even see gains worth the price????? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on a nice set of cams first..??? Plus tuning for ITB's isnt exactly easy...

EDIT: Just to add as well, changing your gear set and final drive will probably do more than I/H/E and tune combined.
    Sorry man I probably should of said in my first post that in this build I'm buying stuff for cams is one of the next things on my list, and the ITB's aren't on yet, as they are part of the build. What's your opinion on buddyclub spec 3 cams? I don't wanna go too extreme on the cam profiles so the spec 3's looked like a good option. also can you run cams without a tune? not that I really want to but it would be easier if I could whack everything in/on the motor and then drive it to TODA all put together so they can get straight down to the tuning. This is the main thing putting me off having it tuned in sydney lol.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Also what are the main differences between HONDATA and EMANAGE? apart from the brands of course. I mean they're both piggybacks designed to unlock tunability of fuel/air, ignition and VTEC control + a few extras right?

Also the list for the build is as follows (so far anyway lol)

Hardrace bushings
    ITB's
    Buddyclub spec 3 cams and whatever valve springs, retainers etc. are required to use with them
    Replace valve seals etc. inside the head (probably just a basic overhaul)
    Hondata or Emanage (not yet decided) + tune
    Subframe brace + front and rear larger swaybars (whiteline?)
    Front and rear strut braces (cusco?)

This is just a rough write up here, nothing is fully decided so feel free to edit/add to the list! I wanna research this as much as I can and get opinions before I get started.

-ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Buddy Club Spec III have proven gains, but if you look at the cam profiles its very very similar to OEM Integra Type R cams. They are a good option for street cause they aren't that extreme.

Spec III is pretty much drop in and go, no tune neccesary but of course you will get more out of it when you do tune. My advice is if you go with this cam, upgrade to OEM ITR dual valve springs (expensive after-market ones are not neccesary). If you can be bothered, get new retainers (Stick to the OEM steel ones. I presume this is your daily driver? Titanium ones wear away rather quickly and anyway, you're not going to be revving that high so valve float won't be an issue)

IMO, ITB's are a fair waste of money if you aren't going that extreme... The OEM manifold with a good intake will be more than sufficient. Ask Adrian at TODA, I'm sure he's got a way of tweaking the OEM dual-runner manifold to perform with what you got.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Also what are the main differences between HONDATA and EMANAGE? apart from the brands of course. I mean they're both piggybacks designed to unlock tunability of fuel/air, ignition and VTEC control + a few extras right?
    Hondata is pretty much a stand-alone... So essentially you're comparing a stand-alone vs piggy-back. Doesn't take a genius to decide which one