Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation S2000 Resale Value DROPING

WTF is going on out there S2000s are now going for less then $20,000.... why why why????

There supposed to be the flagship of the Honda range other than the NSX so why r they droping and according to an article i pulled out of the hearald sun news paper 6/2/09 "They're looking like collector's item's now".
    a very cheap collectors item which seems to be going downwards in value....

will they go up invalue who knows? a mate of a mate of mine has 5 of them and offered me $25,000 for mine but why???

any one care to share there thorts on this one....
    Last edited by Age_S2000; 06-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Ive been noticing this as well. I try not to look at them on carsales.com because it just makes me sad seeig how their fast becomming a cheap p plater car

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Too many P Platers getting them and ****ing them up and selling them cheap. The ones that are less than $20,000 are pretty crap, anyone who wants a good one will spend the extra money for the newer models. Too many 99-01 models around.
    Less is More

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    it all depends on km's and colour too! ive been offered about 7 times for my gpw for more then i bought it cause of how rare it is in perth. I hardly see any s2k's around! but yeah the prices are dropping a bit. I used to owned an s15 and they have dropped so much as well!

2nd hand car market is slow as **** at the moment across the board. Cheap cars can't drop any lower, but everything else is. Especially nice cars. It's a shame, but meh.

The S2000's being flooded by P platers are probably them buying them on finance, not being able to repay then trying to offload it asap so they can pay the bank. Great for buyers.

S2Krazy Array
    How do you think us older members feel..... LOL.

Or people like Aus, who bought them new..
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    I get what you guys are saying, but ultimately we're talking about a car. It's a depreciating asset, sad to say but the S2000 is not rare or sought after enough to increase in value. It may be one of the flagship models of the Honda range, but again that isn't saying all too much. There isn't enough collection demand for it. Hell, today I saw an NSX covered in dust with a badly rusted roof and a damaged rear spoiler held on with duct tape and a garbage bag.

The only time I see this car going up in value is when every single one is out of commission and the only ones out there are the ones in preservation with collectors.

My 2c

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo3oi View Post
    Too many P Platers getting them and ****ing them up and selling them cheap. The ones that are less than $20,000 are pretty crap, anyone who wants a good one will spend the extra money for the newer models. Too many 99-01 models around.
    here we go again.

please recognize not all p platers buy them and **** them up, some of us worked hard to get them and look after them, i bought mine with hail damage (only reason i could really afford one) and have fixed half of it already, imo im restoring the car, and for any future buyers they wont have to go through the same stress. i change my oil every 5000 km's, diff, trans, and brake fluid every 10,000. when i bought the car it had no space saver, and a cracked tail light on the boot, so far i have bought the space saver, replaced the light, and have plenty more work to do. i switched my interior with euromandeluxe at the start of this year who is also a p plater (or was at the time) and i can vouch that he is also someone who respects and cares for his s.

anyway, just have to say also that yeah people will pay more for a better condition version, i saw on caresales a while ago a dc5r with like 70,000km's on the clock selling for 35k, but my god it was worth it, the car was imaculate better than brand new, and i would consider paying that much if i had the money.

Think about it from a buyers perspective, would you pay more for a better one? ofcourse you would. This gives the seller more power so I say its to our advantage.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    ive seen most of the ones below 25K, and they are all fcked lol. wouldn't bother.. i payed abit extra and im a P plater (greens), not on finance and i keep it in the best condition i possibly could, i wont sell mine below 26K with the mods i put on it.. (exhaust and coils, 89xxxkm). It all comes down to the buyer. if they want a cheap thrashed car, or if they want the real deal and are willing to keep the car in great condition etc etc... most of the buyers have the money and know what condition they want the car in, so its no biggy when trying to sell. One of the members sold his for 26.5K the other week and he was offered that, not even advertised..

Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    here we go again.

please recognize not all p platers buy them and **** them up, some of us worked hard to get them and look after them, i bought mine with hail damage (only reason i could really afford one) and have fixed half of it already, imo im restoring the car, and for any future buyers they wont have to go through the same stress. i change my oil every 5000 km's, diff, trans, and brake fluid every 10,000. when i bought the car it had no space saver, and a cracked tail light on the boot, so far i have bought the space saver, replaced the light, and have plenty more work to do. i switched my interior with euromandeluxe at the start of this year who is also a p plater (or was at the time) and i can vouch that he is also someone who respects and cares for his s.

anyway, just have to say also that yeah people will pay more for a better condition version, i saw on caresales a while ago a dc5r with like 70,000km's on the clock selling for 35k, but my god it was worth it, the car was imaculate better than brand new, and i would consider paying that much if i had the money.
    Don't take it personally man, generally speaking, P platers of the ignorant masses are careless and have no mechanical sympathy. It's great you are but the vast majority aren't so caring as you.

Personally for me as someone looking for a S2000, it isn't too bad though the colour I want is like everyone else so they're harder to come by for the 'right' price.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 07-11-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

IMO low kms isnt not really a bonus....
    for example a 99 - 01 model with 90,000kms or less means it just sits there and collects dust. the fuel goes stale sitting in the garage, engine oils turn to sht because there supposed to be changed every 6months reguardless of kms and the engine is worse off not being used, moisture builds up in the motor and wrecks everything same goes for the g/box n diff.

my own 00 s2k has 127,000kms on it but to me thats good kms - works out to be 12,700kms per year which is still fk all

im also a P plate S2k owner but only becuase i lost my licence so i really shouldnt be lol

Engin09 - AMEN to that i payed 27 for my 00 2 years ago and it was faultless

as a mechanic myself i do my oils every 5000kms, wash it every weekend and detail it once a month god they look hot when they shine
    Last edited by Age_S2000; 07-11-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"