Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

dc2r vs evo5 wats faster? around a circuit and straight line

my next car is one of these.but i want bang for buck.obviously evo has more potential being turbocharged but say i/h/e itr vs stock standard evo? or i/h/e evo? i dont want to go crazy with mods,just a few smaller things to get better times on a track.ill most likely keep the standard turbo in the evo if i was to get one.. in a nutshell, what is faster?and in terms of handling,what is better?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If you're going to track one or the other just go the Evo. Better car IMO.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    power wise? my friends s2k got smoked by an evo and i always thought the dc2r would give the evo a run for its money.. is that normal?or is my friend a crap driver?lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I reckon the EVO5 would out do the DC2R in all departments as a track car.....someone will flame me for this but aye.....

Work out a budget and see what you can afford! remember that both cars are at the age where bits will need to be replaced!

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    do you even need to think about the answer? cause all you gotta do is sit in an evo play some music and let the ecu do the rest.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    power wise? my friends s2k got smoked by an evo and i always thought the dc2r would give the evo a run for its money.. is that normal?or is my friend a crap driver?lol
    s2k is faster than the dc2r
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    hmm yeahh i though about the cars age,but i will be importing the evo as my mates dad has a dealership.he said he'll help me find a nice clean one and get it inspected by one of his guys down there to make sure its in good nick.. its very rare that ill be able to get a jdm dc2r as theyre not available for personal imports or so ive heard..or they are too much of a hassle. this guy brings down evos all the time and all on about 40-50k on the clock.. so yeah im definately thinking evo atm

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    s2k is faster than the dc2r
    ye but fast enough to keep up to an evo??

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    with the evos and the age aswell the odo isnt going to be what it says and that goes with all imports. just have to check whether things have been changed like timing belt which should be stock and not changed to atleast 100k km. how much is a evo5? get a tm edition
    SPAM|WERKS

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    TM comes in the EVO6 aka 6.5

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    yee theres a tommy makinenen edition at his place at the moment for 18g its an evo6 from memory. very clean car he said he'll sell it to me for 13g. midnight blue with with white enkeis 45k on the clock but yee.ill get a pic soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    ohhh i like blue evos and black enkeis
    SPAM|WERKS