Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05

Thumbs down HELP! Check Engine Light , VSA and [!] light all apearing when driving...

some advice needed please..

i noticed today the malfunction indicator/Check Engine Light , vsa and ! light all appear today whilst driving, i stopped turned the car off turned it back on it went for about another 10 minutes worth of driving.

However now everytime i drive forward all 3 lights appear.. also i notice when coming to a stop with these lights on the car/transmission shutters and the idiling is up and down..

is this an issue some one else has experienced?
    Last edited by MICK_C; 05-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    There's obviously some problem and the ECU needs to be read with an OBD reader. It could be anything.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    ye figured that! wondering if any1 had similiar issue ..hopefully tomorow ill have a reading to see whats up.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK_C View Post
    some advice needed please..

i noticed today the malfunction indicator/Check Engine Light , vsa and ! light all appear today whilst driving, i stopped turned the car off turned it back on it went for about another 10 minutes worth of driving.

However now everytime i drive forward all 3 lights appear.. also i notice when coming to a stop with these lights on the car/transmission shutters and the idiling is up and down..

is this an issue some one else has experienced?
    I reckon it's the accelerator pedal position sensor.Approx.$300 plus install.$100 from Honda service.You should pay $approx.$50 for diagnosis.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EuroLuxNav
    ye figured that! wondering if any1 had similiar issue ..hopefully tomorow ill have a reading to see whats up.
    Ha ha, sorry for the ambiguous answer. Only last week I had a combination of low engine oil and a very fast right hand bend which got me the Check Engine light due to low oil pressure (oil was about three mm below the minimum marker on the dipstick). VSA comes on, ! light comes on and engine was idling high. No stuttering though (thankfully). I added some engine oil and the VSA light stayed on but the idling was back to normal. Two days later the CEL lights disappeared.

I was wondering if multiple causes can invoke the CEL and the limp home mode and that there's only one limp home mode, which has a high idle (even if high idle isn't actually required). Hence my thoughts that what made the CEL come on could be literally anything. But please post back with what it actually is!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Ok so i took the euro to the closest mechanic/honda service - got the car scanned for codes the following codes appeared:

P2135 - TP SENSOR A-B CORRELATION
    83-1 - ECM/PCM Relation Failure

They were all cleared, the cars running ok for now..

For these codes the mechanic advised that id be looking @ $1400 to change the throttle body Assy to rectify the same codes.. Just wondering would this be required or is their a cheaper way around it?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Ok so i took the euro to the closest mechanic/honda service - got the car scanned for codes the following codes appeared:

P2135 - TP SENSOR A-B CORRELATION
    83-1 - ECM/PCM Relation Failure

They were all cleared, the cars running ok for now..

For these codes the mechanic advised that id be looking @ $1400 to change the throttle body Assy to rectify the same codes.. Just wondering would this be required or is their a cheaper way around it?
    That 1st.code looks like the one i had.Not sure on the 2nd.code.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    ok so the lights appeared again tonight,, i pulled over turned VSA off and been driving since fine ? any reason why turning vsa off would not cause the same issue to appear

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    I'd suguest cleaning the connectors from the Pedal position unit and also where it connects to the throttle body, I found the issue to be intermittent and more so on hotter days. It does feel like it was the exactly the same issue I had.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Sorry to dig up and old thread, but this is happening to me atm!
    The lights dissapear when I turn the car off and on again.

However, when I drive the car feels very sluggish and doesnt accelerate.. feels like the throttle is stuck at about 30% no matter what! restarting the car doesnt fix it either, I have to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU then it goes alright for a while again -.-

Anyone had any similar issues? its horrible to drive the car when it feels like its running on 2 cylinders! Will check the engine oil levels tomorrow morning, as I have a feeling they're quite low

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Sounds like some sensors are f#%^edso the engine is not operating right.

Take it to a dealer and get them to look at it. ... And start praying it won't cost you the world to fix