Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic

K20 vs K24 vs H2B vs H22 vs B20 vs B18

hey guys !!

Theres a nice EG near my work for sale and ive had my eye on it for a few months, well i finally went and knocked on the door and everything is alright except the engine is blown. Im thinking of just ripping that engine out and just going hard out ....

Thats where the dilemma is, Which engine conversion do you think i should do, Money and time isnt a issue, i just want ALOT of power as does any p plater, but its going to be my daily aswell...

If someone can, can they just tell me how much each conversion will cost and the fwkw if possible .

any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys !!

K24

K20

H2B

H22

B20

B18

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    and where i can get this conversion done ..

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by CM34LY View Post
    If someone can, can they just tell me how much each conversion will cost and the fwkw if possible .
    Power output & reliability is limited by your wallet, engine builder & tuner.
    Highest peak power potential is the K's. (K20 & K24)
    B18's & B20's can be awsome when doen right
    Same can be said for the H22, H2B (But most are absolute garbage)

Work out your budget & go & talk to some engine builders.
    Make sure they can tune it too & then make a desision.
    Don't over spend & be realistic about the power target you can afford.
    Also consider engine life. How long are you going to keep the thing & how long do you need it to last.
    If you cant get an engine life guarantee you're shopping at the wrong place or your budget is too small.
    - Plus there are legal issues, engineers reports, blue slips etc
    - is the car going to be cop bait? (& you're on your P's)

Cheapest way out is to see what engine is there & either fix it or swap it for another of the same.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Becareful with your choices bud, cops know about the whole honda swap thing going on, if you ever get caught speeding excessively or something, they will impound the car or sell it.....i'm not being the typical JDMST poof that says the same thing over and over, this is probably the first time ive said it on here but i'm statrting to hear about it more and more with us P platers.

If you want any of the above swaps, maybe build a car at home and have it ready for the road later (build it nice), most K swaps for people are too much for a daily driver and same for some B series combos, but it depends on what kind of person you are..and if you have a girlfriend. LOL

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A

Man, just do a k20 swap with some bolt on's and a tune and you will have more than enough power for a street car. Especially as a P-plater.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG civic

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    Man, just do a k20 swap with some bolt on's and a tune and you will have more than enough power for a street car. Especially as a P-plater.

thats the kind of answer i was after ... lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Or you can spend less and put a K24 in and have shitloads more torque

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    or u can spend way more less and build an excellent d series with 250 shot of NOS, t67 turbo and ebay turbo manifold on 25psi!!!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If time and money truly is no problem then just buy the BYP K20/K24, get the parts needed to swap it, ship the car to a reputable engine builder, buy a super charger and have it installed, then ship it back.

Or if you have a normal P-plater budget of like $5g then just do a B16A swap with bolt-ons and enjoy a nice little screamer engine.

It all comes down to your budget. If you only got 5K then a K series swap is out of the question. If you got 20k then you wouldn't even be looking at a B series.
    As someone said before, figure out ur budget first as that will dictate/narrow down your engine choices.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    As Cooker said , its all depending on how much you want to spend.
    K20A vs K24A
    both will produce similar peak kw@wheels but k24a produced alot more torque , power comes earlier on k24a
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com