Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Unhappy 2010 Euro - uncomfortable seats

Is it me, or is Euro (base model) seat designed for people with no ass? I'm by no means "wide" - in fact I'm on a slim side. 170cm tall and weigh in at 75kg - so no "wide load" there. But after driving for any extended period of time (and I'm talking 20-30mins - not hours!!!!) my right thigh is starting to hurt. I think it happens because of the extra firm seat side walls. I had to seat on a cushon, but that is just not on in a brand new car I never noticed it on a short test drive

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    looks like I'm not the only one who finds Honda's seats uncomfortable: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/A...le_seats.shtml

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Try adjusting the seat to a different position. They are quite adjustable.

I quite like these CU2 seats, they hold on better than CL9's. Yes they are harder, but they are still comfortable.
    I used to do weekly drives to Perth and back when I lived in WA. Trips were 550kms one way, so I guess I'm well aquainted with the seats lol!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by bramtram View Post
    Is it me, or is Euro (base model) seat designed for people with no ass? I'm by no means "wide" - in fact I'm on a slim side. 170cm tall and weigh in at 75kg - so no "wide load" there. But after driving for any extended period of time (and I'm talking 20-30mins - not hours!!!!) my right thigh is starting to hurt. I think it happens because of the extra firm seat side walls. I had to seat on a cushon, but that is just not on in a brand new car I never noticed it on a short test drive
    Bramtram,

Sorry to hear your uncomfortness with the Euro seat. I got same Cu2 base model and i don't have any problem with the seats. I am bit shorter than you 165cm and weight 79kg.. I drove continously nearly 150km, didn't feel any issues..... I do agree the seats looks bit harder, but i don't think the cloth trim in Cu2 is that hard compare with Lux model leather seats..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Try adjusting the seat to a different position. They are quite adjustable.

I quite like these CU2 seats, they hold on better than CL9's. Yes they are harder, but they are still comfortable.
    I used to do weekly drives to Perth and back when I lived in WA. Trips were 550kms one way, so I guess I'm well aquainted with the seats lol!
    I drive a base model, so I can't really adjust them as much as on a lux model. And besides I have already tried evey possible position. I'm going to buy some special cushion, cause otherwise I'd need to sell the car - the seat is hurting me.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    I drove 12 hours via Hume Hwy Syd to Melb i got back ache for a day in Melb, but that's because i slept on my side on the driver seat for 1 hour during the trip!

Then on return, I drove 14 hours from Melb to Sydney and just had some tiredness and the next day i was back at doing gardening / mowing the lawn and doing all the usual weekend chores.

Try doing this on a DC5R Recaro seat and you'll appreciate the CU2 seat

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well, I guess everyone's different - I find it hard to justify, let alone survive a 10 hour drive trip, but some people enjoy that kinda thing I agree with natnat that comparision is a good thing - although I'm not sure why you are comparing with a less comfy seat, rather than with a more comfy one. (but hey, maybe I just made the wrong choice in buying a CU2, as it's not really designed for comfort, although then I'm not sure what it's designed for - cause it's ain't a sports car either).
    Last edited by bramtram; 07-12-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I drive a base model, so I can't really adjust them as much as on a lux model. And besides I have already tried evey possible position. I'm going to buy some special cushion, cause otherwise I'd need to sell the car - the seat is hurting me.
    I got base model too.

The cockpit of the car should be somewhere you are comfortable, and want to spend time in. You shouldn't feel like you don't want to drive, because of the seats. It spoils the whole experience of driving a nice car. Anyway, that being said, I would have a talk to a interior trimmer, they could be able to change the foam, and make things a bit more comfortable. You could get sheep skin seat covers made up to suit, but not sure how effective this would be.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    looks like I'm not the only one who finds Honda's seats uncomfortable: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/A...le_seats.shtml
    That is referring to a US site I think. I don't think it is referring to the CU2 due to it being a TSX in the US.

I drive the base model, and haven't had an issue.. I love the lumbar support and comfortable supportive nature of the seat in general.

It's a shame it doesn't work for your posterior. Have you had the dealer confirm there isn't a problem with the seat (not unheard of)?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I have no problems with comfort in a base model CU2. Having a triple spinal fusion driving comfort is very important to me, yet I was able to drive 15 hours to Sydney last Xmas with just 1 fuel stop & no ill effects the following day. On several occasions I have done 6 hour drives with no problems iether.

I find the 2009 Euro seats offer good back support. However, on long journeys, I find the upper seat supports about shoulder height tend to push my shoulders forward and after several hours in this position, my shoulders ache. Otherwise, the seat are great.

You think the base model CU2 seat is uncomfy? Try the C Class seat!!! Bloody heck!!! I missed my CU2 seat

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family