Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hub rings

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

hub rings

hullo ladies & gentleman.

i am using a set of 17" volk GR-C wheels atm.

my problem is the center part of the wheel is bigger than the hub and i need to manually locate the wheel and put the wheel nuts in. which i think is putting undue stress on the actual lugs and not the hub itself?

now i went to bob janes (lol) and got some hub rings but they dont fit properly into the wheel properly, so i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get some that would fit properly?

or i modify the ones i got a bit?

thanks y'all

p.s. my wheels dont have any center caps, anyone able to source them?

p.p.s. the wheel nuts on are pretty ratty and shit now and i had to replace one today, the one i got at autobarn (lol) is about 20-30mm longer than the ones i got now so it sticks out a bit more, anyone know where to buy smaller ones?
    Last edited by Lukey; 18-12-2010 at 10:47 AM.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I find ebay US has the most variety of hub rings, both in polycarbonate and aluminium. I've bought 2 sets previously

http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?LH_Av...6.c0.m14.l1514

you'll first need to accurately measure the size of the wheel. Make sure when you measure the wheels you measure the diameter of the hole closest to the mounting surface (as some wheels are stepped)

Not sure what car its for but I think two common honda hub sizes are 56.1mm (civic-accord) or 64.1mm (tegs-new accords etc)

measure your hubs or OEM wheel to make sure you're getting the correct ID size

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    im confused by the measuring, any pics to show me how to do it?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    measure this on your hub. This is the ID of the hub ring

and measure the red arrow for the OD of the hub ring

make sense?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    yea i think so. will have to try it tomorrow at work with a proper measuring device (vernier caliper?)

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    heres some photos i took.

print on the inside of the hub ring.

fits nice and perfectly snug over the hub.

how it sits on the rim.

hub with ruler lol.

ruler on rim lol.

now with measuring the rim, do i measure from the black lines or white lines? if this makes sense? you can see the different spot at the top part of it.

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    the ID of the hubring you have is correct, but the OD in wrong as its very loose on the wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    EG/EK/DC hub size = 56.1
    Your wheels hub looks to be 76.1

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    ahk. one thing i did notice was that, even if it did fill up the wheel hub it was to high for it, if that makes sense?

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i seem to be able to find lots of hub rings with a OD of 73.1mm but not 76.1mm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hub-Centric-R...item2a0cadb714
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hub-Centric-R...item2a0cbdb964

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    dont think i was looking hard enough lol.

found these.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUB-C...e53b0540c#shId

reckon they will work?

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    possibly. how deep is that step on the wheel?