Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM6 CU2

Aftermarket Foglights for Facelifted FD Civic

Disclaimer: The following are provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself. nor the original writer, nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

I didn't take as many picture because I didn't think I would be writing a DIY, I hope the pictures I've taken are enough...

Aim: To install aftermarket foglights on a Facelifted Civic FD
    Required: Stuff to solder wires with, spanner or socket wrench small enough to remove the bolt for the grounding point, cable ties, screw drivers
    Steps:
    1) Disconnect the battery
    2) Using a flathead screw driver, remove the 7 stoppers holding the plastic onto the body of the car.
    3) Remove the piece of plastic by lifting it upwards and then towards the front of the car (because of the latch to hold the hood)
    4) Remove the screw on each side of the wheel well.
    5) Remove the stoppers found under the car to free the front bumper from the body of the car.
    6) Starting from the leftside of the car, pull the bumper outwards to unclip the bumper from the body.
    7) Repeat for the rightside of the car. The two sides of the bumper should now be sticking out.
    8) Standing at the front left of the car, with one hand in the space where the foglight will be and the other pulling the bumper from the left, slightly lift the bumper to free it from the clips (located under the headlights) and pull outwards.
    9) Repeat for the right side to completely remove the bumper from the body.

10) Pop out the the piece of plastic and replace it with the foglights (remember to screw them inplace)
    11) Thread the longer side of the first harness through the space provided under the airdam

12) Connect it up to the foglight on the left and then on the right

Before replacing the bumper the lights must be connected to the cable running to the inside of the car and the lights need to be gounded.
    13) Locate the washer fluid bottle on the left of the car

14) The grounding point is found on the right of the bottle

Unscrew the bolt slightly, slide the groundwire underneath it and retighten
    15) The 1pin wire that runs to the inside of the car is found on the left of the bottle

Now the one that MarsPerformance provided was completely off, it didn't fit at all, so we had to improvise.

If you bought the MarsPerformance one, you can either find the right plugs or just shove the one pin in and wrap it up with duct tape.
    16) Replace the front bumper.

Now for the hard part. Wiring and Inside the car.
    17) Remove the first piece of plastic by turning the plug in the middle and pulling downwards
    18) Remove the second piece of plastic by pulling outwards towards the drivers seat.

The two wires that were provided are the wrong sizes for the way I wired it, so I cut the two wires and switch them around. Looks kinda crappy but they work =)

The wire with the inline fuse is what powers the actual foglights, the other wire powers the switch. What I found was, when the switch is unpowered and in the ON position the foglights will not turn on, even though the foglights are powered. And also the prong powering the switch must turn off when the car is off or the switch light will remain on.

19) Locate these three plugs above the fuses in the footwell

20) Unclip the second one (white) by pressing in the clip on the left.

21) Remove the top to expose the wired by pinching the part where my finger and thumb are...

22) and sliding it off

23) Take the wire which powers the foglights (the one with the inline fuse, that i replaced with the smaller plug) and plug it into the space underneath the brown wire (it should be live once you put a 20A fuse into space 6)

24) Plug the one pin plug into the brown plug (with blue wire) located above the brake pedal

25) This was the only wire that was on when the car is on and off when the car is off. I didn't have the proper plug for this so this is how I left it. It might be a good idea to find the correct plug for it =)

This is where you plug the one that powers the switch.
    Remember to find a spot on an unpainted metal surface for the ground wire.
    26) Bolt the relay somewhere in the footwell

27) Cable the rest of the wires

28) Pop out one of the pieces of plastics for the switch

29) Thread the wire for the switch through the hole, plug it in the switch and push the switch into the space.
    30) Neaten up the wires, Replace the two pieces of plastics under the steering column, reconnect the battery and you're good to go

Goodluck =)
    Other comments: If there's anything I left out or anything confusing please let me know =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    thanks heaps

Will give this a go on the wkend.

stance > fenders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM6 CU2
    no worries, let me know how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Ive done a client car LED tail light install that he purchased from Mars. the wiring stated to be plug n play but its not easy as it is. we had to splice n rewire the wiring harness.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    excellent write up!
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM6 CU2
    yeah they're definitely not plug and play. but then they do make $120 from installation if you bring it back to them.

cheers =)

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    chenny add me bro