Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport

Accord Euro Mugen available in NZ

I was just browsing the New Zealand Honda site and it turns out they are now selling a new Honda Accord Euro Mugen spec. http://www.honda.co.nz have a look at the price list for the Euro.

Here are some pictures of the car.

Looks sweet! Does anyone know any more specs on this car apart from the bodykit and rims?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    OMG! that is really really no fair...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Looks sweet as but -_- New Zealand gets everything and we get nothing.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    NZ seems to always get a better varity of cars then OZ.

Even better Jap Imports then OZ its all due to the Importing Laws they have over there.
    Last edited by REV888; 21-01-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'd say the Mugen spec models being sold by Honda New Zealand simply have the addition of the Mugen lip kit and maybe some decals. I doubt they'd include the performance gear. The premium over non-Mugen spec models is a bit over $5000, and if you consider that the Honda factory bodykit option is a bit over $4000, that pretty much would confirm my first statement. For $5000, you could buy the original full Mugen bodykit, rather than that lip kit. Or for $2500 you could get a replica.

I don't dispute that you lucky New Zealanders get better gear than us Aussies, but I'd think twice before paying the premium.

If Honda has worked some crazy deal where you get Mugen performance parts on top of the cosmetics, I say good for you guys.

Addendum: If it comes with gunmetal 18in wheels or even 17in lightweight wheels, then I'd probably consider

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I was in New Zealand recently and the car comes with the Mugen spoilers, EuroR Grille and a full cat back Mugen Exhaust system. Sounds really nice as well. The exhaust for that car is over $4k NZ dollars.
    Last edited by Peekay34; 21-01-2005 at 08:11 AM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Well then maybe it is a viable option

If Mugen to Honda is like the STI of Subaru, I don't see why we don't get a handful of upspecced cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Was the mugen exhaust loud?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    This was the only other info I could find

Honda New Zealand has introduced a Mugen-enhanced version of the Accord Euro, providing even more of an enthusiast’s edge to an already sporty model.
    The front of the Euro Mugen is distinguished by a black mesh grille with a body colour surround, plus a prominent chin spoiler enclosing oval front foglights.
    This spoiler blends into aerodynamic side skirts, which surround 17-inch sports wheels finished in charcoal and fitted with 215/45x17 high-performance tyres.
    At the rear, a large boot spoiler presents an exclusive Mugen badge, and the aggressive look of the front is continued via a lower skirt, through which the chrome extensions of the dual exhausts protrude.
    A Mugen dual exhaust replaces the standard dual system of the Euro.
    All versions of the Accord Euro are available as Mugen; the range starts from a retail price of $44,000.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    No not load at all had a nice nice note....I want one...except after buying my Euro tis not an option...I will probably get the Comptech System instead..drool
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34
    No not load at all had a nice nice note....I want one...except after buying my Euro tis not an option...I will probably get the Comptech System instead..drool
    Thanks, I wanted one too, but too expensive, so I got fujitsubo instead, still waiting for it to come in from Japan.
    IMO they should put the mugen grille in the above setup, instead of the euroR grille.