Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5

DC5 Type R or Type S?

Hi guys

Just wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on which of these two models you think would be best for me. I have an EK1 atm and am looking at buying either one of these at some time this year. It will mainly be for a daily but i am thinking of getting into some curcuit/track work as well and so i am obviously going to be modding it.

I am basically after some relevant pro's and cons and your experience with either models so i can make a clear decision on which one to buy as i rushed into buying my current car and am not completely happy with it. ( i was a honda noob and had no idea my D16Y4 motor would be so soft, i didn't even know what v-tec was so yeh lol)

I have done some searching and looked through the threads sticky'd at the top of the integra thread, but there aren't really any clear opinions just maily specs and stats

Probly should mention that budget isn't really an issue, which ever model suits me best is what i will save for and buy

thanks in advance for any feedback
    Last edited by Oz_Striker; 08-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    If you're looking to get into circuit/track work then I'd recommend the DC5R - has a better-suited gearbox for trackwork and the Recaros will mean you won't be sliding around in your seat as much.

Just a better overall base for tracking.

Please lock this before this turns to a shit fight..

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Please lock this before this turns to a shit fight..
    The only reason why it'll turn into a shit fight is cause you're here. Just like how you killed this thread....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-a-DC2R/page3

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    The only reason why it'll turn into a shit fight is cause you're here. Just like how you killed this thread....

Oh please.
    Go back and give your mate EVLGTR a hug.
    You guys can't accept facts, that's what the problem is...
    And for your knowledge, how about you go about and search every DC5R vs DC5S thread... watch the result of each one....
    Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...3-Dc5s-vs-dc5r
    ^^ Go to the above.....
    been covered in so much depth hence why it should be locked and your posts like his are invalid.

Nice work with all them links before bryan mate... Especially in the thread i just posted.. damn...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    If its going to be purely a street car, i say type s. The cleaner, sharper facelift
    Version is a win rather than the droopey head/tail lights. Everything is just slightly modernised and more power too..

If your going to build a track hack, my opinion is to get the dc5r; not just because
    Of the recaro's, but it costs less (whhere money can be better spent elsewhere). For example, you can just get k-pro for an ecu tune... With a type s, u need a type s (05-06) harness... I think u can only buy it in a bundle and not separately..

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Please see links as posted above. Search next time please. Closed.
    Deano.