Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfy OEM seats

Comfy OEM seats

Hi guys, my seats on the DC2 are kinda giving me lower back aches on longish rides (30mins +), can anyone recommend some good OEM seats that I can replace them with?

Heard that the Prelude VTi-R ones are pretty good and they look alright too. I've ruled out S2000 seats, they are pretty hugging but don't really give you good lower back support.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    dont see nothing wrong with EM1 seats.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Does the lower back bolster curve out or is it just flat down? The ones that curve our offer better lower back support...

Hmm you're in Sydney, i really need to 'try before I buy'

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    pre sure it curvs out ill go check it out later to hot to be moving around atm LOL
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    DC2 seats are really comfy - how many KM's are on yours? Maybe the foam has worn out and it is no longer supporting you. Come by and sit on my DC2 seats and see if it's better =]

Member Array
    Car:
    eg6, fn2r
    i find em1 seats to hard and uncomfortable. makes u move around to much. fn2r seats are really comfortable and holds you in place

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    prelude onees are really comfy in a dc2 ive sat in 1
    DANGSdriveway

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    DC2 seats are really comfy - how many KM's are on yours? Maybe the foam has worn out and it is no longer supporting you. Come by and sit on my DC2 seats and see if it's better =]
    When you first jump in it does feel quite comfy cause that was my 1st impressions, then later after a bit of a drive you realise the support is lacking. My seats look like they're in really good condition too, about 190,000km

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I have found the same problem in my ek1. Have you considered keeping a back support cushion in the car for when you drive a fair distance? Might save you having to buy new seats, unless you really want too that is

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Don't want to sound lame, but have you considered getting a lower back brace? It kinda just sits on the seat and helps with the curvature of your back/posture.

My girlfriend uses one and although it's not very 'cool' it really does help with the back pain and does wonders for your core strength compared to how you normally slump.

Otherwise I have to say the best OEM seats I've ever felt in a Honda were ED9 seats lol

Member Array
    have you thought about putting cushions ?