Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    I think the entire issue had many grey areas which were questionable. When I spoke to consumer affairs, they initially told me that the dealership is not directly liable for the incorrect odometer readings IF the dealership can prove that at the time of them taking the car in, the kms were the same. So if the odometer readings were modified by the previous owner, then I would have to get a hold of them and then organise something called the "something tribunal", can't remember for the life of me. It actually took me about 4 calls to consumer affairs for them to dig up and read the fine prints of the Motor Vehicles Act that favoured circumstances like mine. The person I spoke to had been in the role for a quite a while and had dealt with issues like this before. He was beyond helpful. Even after confirming with consumer affairs that I had a case, the next day when I called them back and spoke to a different person, I again was told that I had no case. I had to point out the legislation that was presented to me the day before. Despite all that, she argued and said I was wrong. Fortunately she got my number and about 30 mins later, she called me back to apologise saying that she had indeed made a mistake. The manager of Honda was standing by the Salesman saying there is nothing wrong with the car. One of the things that really pissed me off was the fact that when I spoke to the Sales person about this, he got agitated and told me that the S2K was a more honest car than my STI (I went and asked for a price for a trade-in, 13k lol) which was totally unrelated. Seriously WTF. My car had never been in accident nor the kms changed or any dodgy shit done to it.

I want to get a prelude mainly for a daily driver for work. My STI drinks like 16.xL/100 kms urban driving. Honestly, I loved the S2K but it was not practical for my job as sometimes I have to carry a fair bit of stuff and space is an issue. The prelude looks to be a comfortable cruiser with power when I need it. Just aint many going around for decent price.

Btw, may I ask how much you sold the prelude for and what k's did it have on it ? Manual / Auto ?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    it was a 2000mdl vtir black with cream leather auto/tiptronic

stock as a rock - great daily!

118000kms full history went for 10k
    was very cheap but i needed to move it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    Sounds like a bargain. I hope I find one at a good price too

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    Hey there mate, lucky everything was sorted out later on.

I've got a few questions in regards to StateRoads.

From your perspective were they professional?

It seems they didn't bother to look in the engine bay, do they only check for cosmetic dmge? etc.

Cheers mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    which dealership is this from?
    i work at Honda Australia Pty Ltd, this may be useful information for our PR department

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    wow epic story man. id still take them to court over it tho or at least report it so the dealer can cop it one. well done on following it up tho

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Wow 34k and you had to go through all this bs is just beyond belief. My brother who just got his green P's is looking for an S2K atm too and after reading this thread it makes us think twice when buying a used car whether its from a dealer or private sales.
    This story worries me when looking for a new used car now, and to think it was from a dealer is just wow

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    Stateroads do a fairly decent job. Yes they do check an engine bay and they take the car out for a spin. The thing is, they know cars in general but I think it would be better to maybe take it to a mechanic who deals with Honda on a daily basis. If you go to the state roads website, they have sample reports.

They did pick up several minor panel accidents in the report for my car.

I think sh*t can happen anywhere and anytime. Just depends on your luck but if you can have expert advise on the car before purchase it should be good. These days I check the wear on the screws used to hold the cluster in place. You may also be able to see scratched around the hole if the seller aint careful.

S2k with tampered odometer

Hey guys,

Kinda new here and am looking at buying the s2k myself. Was wondering if the car that dciisir was referring to happens to be this one here on carsales at the link below?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...0903&silo=1011

Same price, same year, same rims, same mileage and same interior colour, not to mention also being sold by a dealer.. so i was just kinda wondering??

Thanks in advance for the heads up!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    thx for the heads up, I used to work at a Honda dealership, and I also know some dealers that are not very bright when it comes to this issue.