I think the entire issue had many grey areas which were questionable. When I spoke to consumer affairs, they initially told me that the dealership is not directly liable for the incorrect odometer readings IF the dealership can prove that at the time of them taking the car in, the kms were the same. So if the odometer readings were modified by the previous owner, then I would have to get a hold of them and then organise something called the "something tribunal", can't remember for the life of me. It actually took me about 4 calls to consumer affairs for them to dig up and read the fine prints of the Motor Vehicles Act that favoured circumstances like mine. The person I spoke to had been in the role for a quite a while and had dealt with issues like this before. He was beyond helpful. Even after confirming with consumer affairs that I had a case, the next day when I called them back and spoke to a different person, I again was told that I had no case. I had to point out the legislation that was presented to me the day before. Despite all that, she argued and said I was wrong. Fortunately she got my number and about 30 mins later, she called me back to apologise saying that she had indeed made a mistake. The manager of Honda was standing by the Salesman saying there is nothing wrong with the car. One of the things that really pissed me off was the fact that when I spoke to the Sales person about this, he got agitated and told me that the S2K was a more honest car than my STI (I went and asked for a price for a trade-in, 13k lol) which was totally unrelated. Seriously WTF. My car had never been in accident nor the kms changed or any dodgy shit done to it.

I want to get a prelude mainly for a daily driver for work. My STI drinks like 16.xL/100 kms urban driving. Honestly, I loved the S2K but it was not practical for my job as sometimes I have to carry a fair bit of stuff and space is an issue. The prelude looks to be a comfortable cruiser with power when I need it. Just aint many going around for decent price.

Btw, may I ask how much you sold the prelude for and what k's did it have on it ? Manual / Auto ?