Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4

court orders and vic roads

hi guys,
    just need some advise/thoughts. I lost my license due to drink driving, i was an idiot... lesson learned. Anyway I did my time and got my license back, but it came with the interlock condition.
    My problem is, I rang the magistrates court and asked for a copy of the court order so i can get the interlock put on my car but they have no record of it or anything regarding the drink driving offense... i.e. no court order
    but my license has that "I" condition. Where do I stand in all this and what can I do? If i drive without it and get pulled over where do i stand with the popo

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 si
    the court will have nothing to do with it, they pretty much take your licence or let you go with a fine,
    its weird i know but you will have to call police/and or vic roads and discuss it because there the ones that will
    take points, give you "I" so yeah just ring them up and get it sorted cause as you said imagine being caught without it !!!!!!!!!
    hope it all goes well for you mate.

oh and i hope im right and that helped (y)

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    moved to appropriate forum
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    i had a quick look on google but still don't understand the meaning of interlock licence. Would someone please shed some light on this? thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4
    yeh sorry dude, didn't know where to post.
    search up ignition interlock, that's compulsory on any car i drive.
    I've called the magistrates and they're pretty clueless about it. they dont really care. so i'm trying to follow up with vicroads

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 si
    Quote Originally Posted by steeeven View Post
    i had a quick look on google but still don't understand the meaning of interlock licence. Would someone please shed some light on this? thanks.
    ohk, so i didnt understand myself, its defanatly american !!

and yeah get in contack with vic roads, its a device that is installed in the car

and its pretty much a breathalizer (i think) anyway you blow 0.0 BOOM car starts

anything over and car wont work, (again i think)

can someone clarify this ??

i dont even know if im looking up the right think in google hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 si
    ohk ohk so after a bit of re-search, you either have to blow more than 3 times the leagle limit (<0.15%)

or you have been done before and you are a repeat offender, to obtain one of these systems in your car

i was kinda right before you have to blow 0.02% or less for your car to start, and for everyone who was thinking what i was thinking

you cant jump/roll start the car or get someone else to blow into it because it keep a record of your own breath and it also keeps records of you trying to start the car without blowing into it

theres heaps more info on a ignition interlock aus website, but i hope people can bennifit from this..
    Last edited by krispykreme; 21-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4
    in victoria, it's automatic if you're under 26 and caught drink driving. laws weren't very clear back then (i'm pretty sure the judge didn't know about it hence my situation)