Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Ogura twin plate clutch noise

Hi everyone, I have recently installed an Ogura twin plate clutch and a lighten flywheel in my 2000 Integra Type R dc2. The clutch seems to be working just fine, it bites really hard, no slippage. The only concern i have is the noise it makes when the clutch is in its engagement point even when the car is on idle. The noise is like 2 plates rattling together. Its definitely not the throw out bearing. Iv been told by a few people that the noise is normal for a twin plate clutch. I on the other hand think otherwise. Can someone help me clarify this issue. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    and the noise completely dissapears when the clutch is enguaged?

have you heard a twin plate clutch before to compare?

the noise they make, sounds to someone who doesnt know,.. is like your car is broken lol

but foot on the clutch and until its enguaged will make the "two plates rattling together" noise.

so how different your noise is to the noise you should expect is. i dont know, and it may be exactly how it is suppose to sound. best thing is to compare the same clutch in a different car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post
    and the noise completely dissapears when the clutch is enguaged?

have you heard a twin plate clutch before to compare?

the noise they make, sounds to someone who doesnt know,.. is like your car is broken lol

but foot on the clutch and until its enguaged will make the "two plates rattling together" noise.

so how different your noise is to the noise you should expect is. i dont know, and it may be exactly how it is suppose to sound. best thing is to compare the same clutch in a different car.
    The rattling like noise only happens when the clutch is on or pass the engagement point.
    I have never heard of a twin plate clutch before, iv always had single plates in my cars, but heard good things about the Ogura twin plates how they are more durable and longer lasting.
    So if foot on the clutch until its engaged will make the two plates rattling together noise than that is exactly what my clutch is doing.

pretty sure the noise you mention is normal.
    if you are worried, better yet just youtube several noises for twin plate clutch and found out if its identical.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    its normal mate, nothing to worry about. if your so worried, you should've bought the silent type. you've most likely got the 309-D, should've gotten the 309-DS(ilent)

the silent type comes with springs in between the two plates so they have something to bounce off so they don't make the rattling noise. it's all normal man, don't worry about it.
    Winton Raceway
    B16A EM1 - 1:50
    B16A
    EF9 - 1:48

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 si
    yep 100% normal, i love the sound of them ahaha
    there a bugger in trafic though ><

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    randoms might say you got a gearbox problem, but its normal for the orc clutch to sound like that ( unless u get the silent type ). sounds like its gonna break on you but dw. its safe.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

wait till you hear the ducati multi-plate dry clutch...
    MFactory Competition Products

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ yeh, have heard one E240.

OP, you have a twin plate ogura for your DC2R? Must have some serious mods or just overkill or just mistaken? The rattle noise you hear is normal. Reason is because the Ogura clutches are have an extra plate which is 'floating'. When the clutch is engaged (foot off the pedal) there is no noise. Once you disengage the clutch (clutch in/down), everthing separates and the plate floats causing the rattle sound. There is a 'silent' version as said above, but I can tell you, it is also very noisy.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I'm using the single plate silent type and it's kinda overkill for daily already. Bites pretty hard already. Can't believe your using the twin plate + non silent type

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Thank you everyone for your replies.
    Iv heard from a few pple that the noise is normal, just wanted to be 100% sure.

My dc2R does have a few mods:
    -Toda spec B cams
    -JUN cam gears
    -JUN valve springs and retainers
    -Spoon headers and muffler
    -Spoon throttle body
    -Apexi power fc with commander control
    -ARC air intake

She goes pretty good, next part is an intake manifold... im thinking of getting a Skunk2 intake. Any idea if they are any good?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Yeh, sell the the way over kill twin plate, get a single plate and make a profit to purchase the skunk2 manifold!
    Deano.