Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Type R Shift Linkage

Well heres the story...

My friend stole his dad's C240 Mercedes for the morning and we drove over to a honda dealership in Ferntree Gully to TEST a few cars... Neway i got to drive that s2000, and by god the thing that got me the most was the gear box... it felt so very different from my EK4 box...

Besides from the fact that the throw is very much shorter, i noticed that it is much more..... "accurate" so to say. Its as if each gear has a "track" to it if u know wot i mean

NOw for the proper question... Was >>MY<< gearbox ever like that? (say 135,000kms ago)?

and if not... would placing a Type R gear linkage in give me that sort of "feel"

Member Array
    You are exactly right. I drove a mates DC5R and the difference to my EK4 was very very different. So smooth and accurate. The DC2R shift feel is definately better than the EK4, not only the linkage, but most importantly the bushings, allowing a more accurate and precise feel. I reckon it is an excellent mod to do, because it makes everyday driving alot more enjoyable. Sometimes i find the EK4 shifting is very hard and not flowing if you know what i mean, a bit notchy. After the tranny fluid was replaced it helped ALOT, it was smoother, but didn't make the shifting more "accurate".

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    DC2R is a very good gear box at the same time the linkage brushing short shift is very good too. But just puttin a Dc2r linkage into your ek is not going to work. You have to get the complete type R linkage kit (Hondar i believe sells the set for 350. ITs worth the change though. It wil not be the same to s2k but its the closes you can get.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp3rMz
    DC2R is a very good gear box at the same time the linkage brushing short shift is very good too. But just puttin a Dc2r linkage into your ek is not going to work. You have to get the complete type R linkage kit (Hondar i believe sells the set for 350. ITs worth the change though. It wil not be the same to s2k but its the closes you can get.
    thats rite... type r shifter linkage is worth buying.. the whole kit.. like i say if the pro on the circuit stick with oem type r shifter, there must be something good about it... and if u look at spoon catalogue. they sell the shifter that look exactly like the type r shifter...
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    for the poorer people getting a normal short shifter will also help. I've jsut got the normal short shifter and i can tell ya it feels heaps better. More accurate and better feel. My ek certainly shifts better. I haven't got the type R one as yet but am looking at getting my hands on one soon. I also can't afford the ITR shifter, but the $75 shifter i got is a 100% improvement. I think that there is sellling some for $65 atm in the traders forum.... Just be careful of the exhaust and that you fix any clearance issues.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    will the DC2 R linkage fit into an EK tho ?

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    will the DC2 R linkage fit into an EK tho ?
    yes
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Car:
    ok, and will you get that short shifter feel ?

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I put a ITR shift linkage kit into my EK4. Fits straight in. I thought it made a huge difference, one of the best value mods that I did to that car. Stock shift feels loose, long and inprecise. Once I put it on, felt heaps better, felt more accurate, shorter, and a lot more solid. But I would suggest doing the bushings as well (I didn't get around to doing this, but I would reccomend it).

If you look at the 2 shift linkages together, the ITR one is heaps thicker, which is why it feels more solid and accurate, as well as feeling shorter.

Car:
    cheers heaps ekslut !!!
    this is all ive been wanting to know

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    dayam

my new DC2-R linkage is still waiting to be installed - am waiting to borrow a mate's axle stands so I can get under my beeyotch.

Dont forget, u need the shifter as well - the EK4 shifter WILL NOT fit the type R linkage, however ALL other bitls like bushings and the shifter-plate thingy off your EK4 shifter need to be retained.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    ITR shift linkage+ brand new polyurethane bushings=