Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    about fkn time we had our own thread

today i stripped my front doors - relined them and installed mb-quarts splits (the old non-chinese ones lol)

2moro ill be replacing my headlight plugs and installing speakers in the rear =D

the little D15 got to see 7000rpm again today after a long break hehehe
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 VTi Coupe
    Last night I had to make a tough decision - because if I didn't I was going to drive myself insane...

My options - Abandon the civic and start saving for a different car (which could be suffering mechanically)

or

Pour f**k tonnes of money into the civic, knowing at the end of the day its still a civic and still only worth $3100 market value...

My decision - LET'S POLISH A TURD! Sorry to say but this car is the car that doesn't stop giving. I've had heaps of good looking and ugly cars that have just continually broken down. Beaten and battered from the hail this little car hasn't missed a beat and I think it deserves a make-over and some beefing up, so I'm going all out. This project will take years and years... So thats what I did today... decided to turn my poor little civic into a hot-hatch micro cruiser, and depending on time possibly a show car...

I wish I could make her look like this again...
    57U-00

Silver EJ8 Civic VTi Coupe - Still low - still slow!

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Haha at ^^ I chose the same decision for my ek

Except keeping the civic as a JDM cruiser

I like the wheels, it needs coil-overs!
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 VTi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    I like the wheels, it needs coil-overs!
    lol... it needs more than that... it needs every panel replaced due to hail, the rims are bent so it needs new rims in general, and considering all the other crap it needs done first, coil-overs are nowhere on the list right now
    57U-00

Quote Originally Posted by 57U-00 View Post
    lol... it needs more than that... it needs every panel replaced due to hail, the rims are bent so it needs new rims in general, and considering all the other crap it needs done first, coil-overs are nowhere on the list right now
    oh lol, yeah cosmetics more important. once thats done, get a half cut and do engine conversion then coil-overs! EG's look so good slammed
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 VTi Coupe
    dude there's so much hail damage its not even worth doing anything to it... i'd be better off just buying another civic thats already had all that shit done for what it'd cost me to fix this and then do the conversion to it... its pretty sad...
    57U-00

Quote Originally Posted by 57U-00 View Post
    dude there's so much hail damage its not even worth doing anything to it... i'd be better off just buying another civic thats already had all that shit done for what it'd cost me to fix this and then do the conversion to it... its pretty sad...
    Damn that sucks! were you in logan when the hail hit? we had a huge hail storm here a couple weeks back. Have you tried one of those dent suction cups? its worth a try. might be able to get the smaller dings out
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 VTi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    Damn that sucks! were you in logan when the hail hit? we had a huge hail storm here a couple weeks back. Have you tried one of those dent suction cups? its worth a try. might be able to get the smaller dings out
    yeah, they want near $3K to get all the dents out... $2.4K if i get a new bonnet, but then I need to get the bonnet colour coded which is gonna push it back up to near $3K... to get the dents bogged and sprayed they want minimum of $4K because they'd have to do a complete surface respray... the car still goes so good... i haven't heard a non-vtec civic that sounds as good as mine...
    57U-00

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    i have always done my own body work its not that hard once you know what your doing and as for painting i know a really good painter that would charge heaps less then 4grand

^^^ Damn straight, bogging and sanding is so friggin easy, painting can be harder, its the prep work thats the MOST important. Get yourself a crap load of sticky tape and news paper... find an empty garage, Get a compressor and spray gun, decent paint and primer, clear coat. i have access to all these except an empty garage respray should cost 3k.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

w00t, tried to remove the old shitty window tint, shittest ****ing job ever, done about 3.5/5 windows, burnt myself severasl times, died in the heat multiple times, raged about 20 times, and didn't even finish.

<3 failing your daily jobs.............................................. ..............