Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P's Test at Greenslopes

Hey guys next Wednesday the 2nd i am going for my P's test at Greenslopes Transport Centre at 250pm. I am going for my manual license on a Instructors Mini which i am very use to, as we havnt had any Manual cars at home to practice in my year of having my Ls. Any tips for the test at Greenslopes in Brisbane? Most my friends passed their First time at the centre.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    Probably the only thing is to make sure you stop at the stop signs at the pedestrian crossings when leaving (and returning to) the underneath carpark. Many have got instant fail in the first minute there!! Not me included, but my mate has haha.

Other than that just take it easy and listen to the directions. I failed first time on non critical driving errors. I probably shouldn't have; I stalled 3 times (lol) and I got a cross each time for both stalling and clutch work when apparently it should only be a cross on one of the boxes. Who knows. I also buggered up the reverse park on the 2nd time I took the test, driving back I was thinking I totally failed the test but I passed to my surprise.

Good luck!
    Last edited by 98vtir; 31-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Yeah my Instructor tells me to park Underneath opposite from the Video store, where there is no Ped crossings, only have to look left and right for cars, turn right, look left n right again, then turn left to exit the centre. You dont go back into the Carpark when you are finished, you stop at the little bay outside, only if it is pissing down they take you inside. You can **** up the reverse park in a positional sense, but if you hit anything its a Auto fail. My Strongest manoevurs and Hill Starts, Straight Reverse parking and U-turn and Turn Arounds

Did you go on the highway at all or heard of any1 lately? My test is at 250pm so the 40km in school zone will be active and abit more traffic will be on the road

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    If youre a good driver and have paid attention during your learner period, then youll be fine, and you shouldnt need help

to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Don't ask questions during exammmm!! Don't talk at all. Get some chewing gum, it will make you look more relaxed but don't chew retardedly or loud.

Always show that your using the mirrors with body movement. I would look every 5 seconds but the instructor didn't notice it, so nudge slightly or tilt your head a bit so its obvious.

Turn with both hands outside the rim of the wheel and also keep a look out for speed signs, school zones and unmarked streets (which are 50 km/hr) Stay under the limit by more than 5 k's always.

When at lights and turning, make sure you look both ways even though you know its your time to turn, they can fail you for this under observations.

If you stall, don't panic. Never make a sound that would show anxiety or anger.

And check the car before you go LOL (disqualified 5 times myself)

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    I think a lot of new drivers going for their test focus on the 'whats straight in front of you'. Just make sure you look around and scan left and right. Make it obvious to the instructor that you are doing this and aware of the whole 360 degrees.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    was it hard for you guys when you went for your Ps because you weren't used to the clutch?
    i drive my EM1 fine but as soon as i go into another persons car i either have to ride the cluch a little or just stall lol
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I failed my test 3 times.

1 at Caboolture - because I didnt physically look back when doing a straight line reverse, I used the rear veiw mirror lol. **** thinks im a noob,

2 at sherwood - because I turned left when there was a sign saying not to turn left, okay noob I was but I didn't see it.

3 at Caboolture again - because I was under 5km on a highway. 3km extra on a 60k zone. Seriously WTF

Then I finally passed at greenslopes, not only me but 3 of my best mates did aswell. The guy I got tested with still works there. Loves to talk, make converstation, and he is a funny guy... will definetly make you cry at some stages hahahahha.

Be freindly to them, if you fail, then ask questions like hey where else could I improve? Anymore tips? Things like that.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    I failed my test 3 times.

1 at Caboolture - because I didnt physically look back when doing a straight line reverse, I used the rear veiw mirror lol. **** thinks im a noob,

2 at sherwood - because I turned left when there was a sign saying not to turn left, okay noob I was but I didn't see it.

3 at Caboolture again - because I was under 5km on a highway. 3km extra on a 60k zone. Seriously WTF

Then I finally passed at greenslopes, not only me but 3 of my best mates did aswell. The guy I got tested with still works there. Loves to talk, make converstation, and he is a funny guy... will definetly make you cry at some stages hahahahha.

Be freindly to them, if you fail, then ask questions like hey where else could I improve? Anymore tips? Things like that.

Good luck,
    No offense, I'm an l plater, and bad, but I laughed for like 5 minutes at second one, idk why haha.

Good luck dude !

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerTofu View Post
    No offense, I'm an l plater, and bad, but I laughed for like 5 minutes at second one, idk why haha.

Good luck dude !
    Haha, dw I always laugh remembering this
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Thanks guys.

The only thing i dont understand 100% is Clutch Coasting, and how to avoid it when doing a Straight reverse park, im up to date with all my other manoevurs, i know the Greenslopes street inside and out. I just have to learn not to stress and be confident, the chewing gum is a nice idea aswell