Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda legend

Honda legend

Hey guys, been looking at Honda legends and might be thinking of buying one. I saw this 1998 model 3rd gen, 3.5ltr v6 which I liked. I Was wondering is there any common faults to them?? Maybe som pros and cons?

Also if I were to get one, would either CTR or ITR rims fit onto the legend?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    If your thinking of putting ITR or CTR wheels on it i believe it would look to small for the car. I think the stock wheels are 18x8 someone correct me if i'm wrong.

According to redbook it says they come with 16x6.5" rims

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    oh i stand corrected :P i still think in my opinion it would look small for a big car but thats how i see it

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Yeah, I'd run 17s on a Legend, at least.

I'd be worried that it would be like a 300ZX with all of the electrics, heavy and more trouble than it's worth. I don't know much about them, though.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    are you looking at the coupe legend or the sedan?

they are a heavy car for their class - perhaps an accord or prelude would better suit your needs?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

4 door sedan, I don't mind if it's heavy and slow or a petrol eater. Just looking for a nice cruiser/luxury car to drive in as I'm on my p's. Trying to conserve my last 2 points lol.

Had second thoughts either legend or accord v6-L

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    in that case both are very nice cars - the MDX is pretty sweet as well if u can get one at a good price
    basically a legend thats higher up with a nicer interior and bigger boot lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    any car with that many electrics and technology will eventually have related issues... having said that, if your buying try and find one thats well taken care of... these cars were often bought by wealthy older people, so they SHOULD be very well maintained...

I've often thought about buying the coupe of that generation, but itd be as useful as **** on a bull for me... ive already got 2 cars and a bike and the only one that gets driven is the ute...

anyway i'll move this to the "Other" section, you may get more information there mate...

good luck
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    They are a great highway cruisers! If you can find the face lift model >99 get them. Noticeable changes are the new grill, front bumper and hid headlight on the outside. Inside wise its almost identical except for the center console. So far the only problem i had with mine is the window regulator (apparently is common according to yanks) otherwise its bulletproof for a car with reasonable amount of gizmo. Patrs are expansive from Honda and used is sometimes hard to find from the wreckers, i usually order from Acura US, even with postage it can be about half price difference. Best part i like is the auto tilt and reach steering wheel that reposition when the key is remove from the ignition for easy entry and exit. (think of the S class merc).

Need to know some info of CTR or ITR wheel to tell you if they fit but legend factory is 16x 6.5 +55 offset.

Check out acuralegend.org great bunch of people and a few member from here also. If you're comparing the same year accord, the legend is miles ahead. As always service history is important on all honda.
    Own a Honda Legend? Visit www.acuralegend.org

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legend 3rd Gen
    Hey Guys,

Ive got a 1998 Honda Legend 3rd Gen V6.

In my car once the car is running, the TCS light and ENGINE light stay illuminated??? Possible causes?? Im thinking its the wheel sensor.

The car also has a speedo malfunction. Cruise works, Abs works, Tacho works. But the speedo fails to register. I was told that the VSS may be the cause, so I changed the VSS but the problem is still there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    There's a very simple fix.

Just remove the instrument cluster and take out said globes.

I have found this a very effective fix from my past experience.

I wish you luck.
    SSpamily