Help on buying new integra

Hey, just wondering what you guys think of this integra type r?? i dont know much about these cars so hoping you guys can help me out, heres the link, any tips or anything would be good. Thanks

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12C455A1D250

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    I'm no expert on buying cars, but I probably wouldn't go through a purchase unless they can supply a road worthy cert. Also, he doesn't give much information away so best thing to do is to call him and ask some questions such as how long has he had it, does he have log books etc. I'd probably want the stock parts aswell, so find out if they're available. Good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Wtf why so cheappppp......

but yer man i say go check it out in person.. take it for a spin.... feel the car.... and go from there..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    No RWC, probably no service history either. Wouldn't bother.

check on revs, as it doesnt have side decal might involve in an accident, but overall its a very clean nice car with god mods, isnap it if everythings fine

Worth a look but in my experience there is always a reason why a car is cheap...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yer man if you go look at it make sure you thoroughly check it for smoke, on startup, driving, high rpm, and under heavy load. if the guy doesn't have anything to prove that it's been taken care of, and because it's so cheap it may not be running so hot. and also a good tip is to ask him to take you for a drive so you can see how he drives, if he fkn floors it hard then you know not to buy it, lol.

anyways I hope for your sake that it's awesome, I wish R's were that cheap when I was buying my integra haha
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Dude, here are some things you can check:

Check the VIN on the RTA database for any accident history as it may have been a write-off at some stage
    Bring a magnet with you (ideally a soft fridge one) so that you can check for any irregular body work (body filler etc)
    Check that the engine & Chasis number matches the I.D. tags
    Look around the engine bay and underneath the car to see if there are any irregular weld spots as it could have been a cut & shut
    Check the oil cap and radiator to see if water / oil is getting mixed or if the car blows smoke
    Take it for a drive and make sure the V-Tec engages, drives straight, brakes in a straight line without holding onto the steering wheel, gears don't crunch and check that the air con and electrics all work.
    If the car has service history and all the books it'll be well worth it.