Bluetooth/Iphone connection problem

Hello

My Euro came factory fitted with Bluetooth.

I've paired my Iphone successfully and it connects immediately after. The funny thing is that after I leave it awhile (perhaps 30 minutes) I'm finding that it just won't connect. When I remove the Honda bluetooth device from the phone and start the process again, the same thing happens....no problem pairing and connecting...but when I turn off the ignition, go walk about for a few minutes, return to the car and start it, the same thing occurs....it won't connect.

I've tried it with another person's Iphone and the same thing occurs.

Any ideas folks?

Pete

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    When the iPhone is connected can you make calls? Is it an iPhone 4? iPhones are only compatible with certain units. It might just be that iPhone can't be used with that unit.

Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    When the iPhone is connected can you make calls? Is it an iPhone 4? iPhones are only compatible with certain units. It might just be that iPhone can't be used with that unit.
    Thanks. Yes when it is connected it works without a problem. The issue is that after a few minutes after it is paired (and the connection works fine), a connection between the phone and the bluettoth devise doesn't happen. The funny thing is that I also have a portable bluetooth device in another vehicle (that costs me only $45!) and the phone works with that perfectly every time.

The problem is with both a Iphone 3 and Iphone 4.

Pete

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Hmm the only thing I can think of is that isn't 100% compatible with the iPhones. It must reject it after 30mins. That's the only thing I can think of.

Mmm....interesting that you say 'it must reject it after 30 minutes'....can you clarify that please?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    It may only let it connect for 30 mins then think that's enough I'll disconnect it. Which it sounds like it isn't connecting properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    That's interesting. I've got an iPhone 4 and had the bluetooth fitted at dealership, haven't had a problem. Voice dialling works and it doesn't lose connection. Is yours still under warranty, if so take it to your dealer.